answer
5 (83.3%)
a strat answer
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: crows  (Read 4625 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: crows
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 11:15:38 AM »
Got this guy yesterday morning. He made the mistake of perching in the walnut tree in my pasture while waiting on his gang to catch up. The tree is 175 yds from my sandbags on the deck. That's what the mildots are for in the Barska scope, Oh yea!!! :twisted:
Great, ellwood! You nail him with your .17? I use my scope mildots too.  O0
ive been using crows to use as target practice to test out the new scope i mounted on my 17!  O0  :wink:
You doing good too, opp!  O0 Crows are fun to shoot with a .17 and have varied damage results when using the Vmax rounds. One thing for certain, you have one shot kills and lots of black feathers floating in the air after the hit.  :)  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
I used to pop them with my crossman when I was a kid.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2007, 06:15:07 PM »
I shoot them when I'm bored and one flies by the window.  Never really hunt them.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 09:33:22 AM »
The current body count is at 617 crows killed over my ecallers over the past 3 seasons. Probably the best wing shooting you can get into shy of going to Argentina. I strayed a bit away from it last year, my kid came around with his shooting and squirrels are now the primary target, but we will still get after them this year, just not as heavily.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 09:51:31 AM »
The current body count is at 617 crows killed over my ecallers over the past 3 seasons. Probably the best wing shooting you can get into shy of going to Argentina. I strayed a bit away from it last year, my kid came around with his shooting and squirrels are now the primary target, but we will still get after them this year, just not as heavily.

Nick T
O0 Good going! That's a LOT of crows!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rice river

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 10:33:52 AM »
I didn't know people actually shot them for sport.  I just thought people shot them because they were there.  hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »
I didn't know people actually shot them for sport.  I just thought people shot them because they were there.  hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm.

Crows are hard on pecan crops, and down here they usually have plenty to eat. I've got several friends that own orchards, so we just keep them thinned off of their places. Plus we hunt local State lands for them also. They're a great way to get a kid started into wing shooting, ample targets and fast paced. My soon to be 6 yr old is chomping at the bits to get his first shotgun so he can get in on the action, he goes now as a spectator and helps chase down cripples. I give him about 2 more years before I think he'll be ready for a 20ga, he's going to have to be content with the squirrels with his .22 'til then, hence the reason I've slacked off of them, give him more time in the woods participating rather than observing. When he is shotgun ready the crows will pay the price. We hunted them hard during the 05/06 season, ended up with 296 that year. Never have to look for a place to hunt, orchard owners call me when they have a problem, and can hunt them out of season if deprivation is occuring. Loads of fun.

Nick T

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2007, 11:14:39 AM »
Here's a couple pics from last season. Really didn't have one spectacular day but was able to get a couple dozen here and there.

Nick T

Offline rice river

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2007, 12:29:49 PM »
You guys don't eat them do you??

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2007, 12:59:22 PM »
You guys don't eat them do you??

Heck no, don't think I could be paid to eat one. If in an orchard, we pick them up just to tidy up the land and pitch them in the woods. The ones that hit the woods usually lay where they bounce, unless we want pictures. The buzzards have to eat, just like worms.

Nick T

Facebook Comments