November 18, 2017, 08:25:34 PM

Author Topic: Worm Calling  (Read 4112 times)

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Worm Calling
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 10:06:28 AM »
well sounds like the next time I go to a garage sale, I will pick up a pitchfork and a broomhandle to hit it with...... :roll:
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline john

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Worm Calling
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 03:54:24 PM »
sounds interesting,,,crawler sare$2.50  dozen around here. i doubt if i can pick them for less then that in labor...would have to do it for the fun i guess. besides,,,who can resist wet grass and electricity?

Online D45/70

Worm Calling
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 05:58:40 PM »
:^o Here any kind of thumping on the ground will work,it's better if your ground is some what damp. We haven't had any rain in a month and the "gumbo" is like tempered concrete right now, but even chopping fire wood works, the marching band is   always complaining how GROSSit is stomping on all the Worms!!! \:D/
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
Worm Calling
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2004, 05:48:02 AM »
Gramps use to pick up a stick,Drive it in the groung with a Rock,then Rub the Rock across the top of the stick........Grub`n :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Worm Calling
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 10:58:31 AM »
Quote from: john
sounds interesting,,,crawler sare$2.50  dozen around here. i doubt if i can pick them for less then that in labor...would have to do it for the fun i guess. besides,,,who can resist wet grass and electricity?
And DON'T TOUCH the rods! wear RUBBER soled shoes! You may get a tingle if the ground is really wet and you touch a worm that is pretty close to a rod. I use a single rod and it works good. It's also easier to not have to worry about touching two rods while getting the worms, one is easier to keep track of. Another idea, insulate most of your rod, except for the part that is actually going to be stuck into the ground. I just wrap some electrical tape on the rod, the above ground section of the rod.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments