November 19, 2017, 01:30:36 AM

Author Topic: Dog days.....  (Read 949 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Dog days.....
« on: May 03, 2007, 02:17:06 PM »
Tues night I take Lex out for a walk in the park close to my house.I hate to do it because the neighborhood isn`t the greatest but gas is getting out of hand and the park is,just across the street.As we make our way to our turn around point I notice a puppy in the ditch.I thought it was dead.I say outloud "awwwwww" and the pup lifts it`s head.With Lex not being the friendly type I just couldn`t try to carry the pup home.I then start thinking to myself I do everything I can to take care of my dogs and I don`t have the means to go keeping a pup for the heck of it.I tried to make myself think I couldn`t do anything for it and moved on.It started eating at me that I call myself a dogman and didn`t do anything.I went back that evening and didn`t see the pup.Wed same routine but I have Schranz.I happen to hit them same turn around spot and theres that pup again.This time I try to catch it.The pup wasn`t having anything to do with me.I decide I will go get some feed and call AC.I go back to check on the pup after I fropped the feed and it had eaten the 2 cups of feed I left.The pup was found when I got there sitting ontop of a small hill.He looked pretty happy.He had some food in his belly and he was basking in his new found health.Again the pup took off at first sight of me.This morning I went back out to see if the pup was still there and drop more feed if so.Sure enough it was still there.
Tues night when I called I couldn`t call straight to AC.I had to call acall center for the city and leave a message.The neighbor said AC was parked and combing the complete opposite park I told the CSR.
I called back this morning to leave my phone number so I could show AC where the pup is.I take Schranz out for his go and get a call from AC.I was 100yards from where the pup was.I had just gone back to check on it.The AC dispatcher tells me someone is enroute and will meet me at the park office.I had some mixed feelings about taking Schranz with but I couldn`t take him home and get back fast enough.So I meet the large and out of shape AC fellow.First thought is "he will never catch this pup ;D " I take him to where the pup is and some guys from the city had been working on a drain.They saw me bring food the first time this morning and saw me come back with Schranz.When I showed with AC they all stopped working and tried to help us locate the pup.After the AC guys realizes what I thought was ture he calls for "back-up".He called someone to bring a tranq gun.While waiting for his "back-up" we get to talking about pitbulls.Schranz has some spots on his rear legs and front elbows called "hot-spots".A simple skin fungus.I had been trying to get it taken care of because the pitbull fighting signs around the city say a dog with any kind of scaring on the head or legs is a fighting dog.I was worried the AC guy was an idiot and would ask me about the missing hair on his legs.He asked what I had been doing to treat the spots and I told him.He tells me to try some anti-fungal cream and vasoline.Don`t know why I didn`t just do that anyway.I bought some happy jack stuff(BTW I feel now anything made by happy jack is JUNK).The AC guy goes on telling me about his 2 pitbulls.He then asks about the collar on Schranz and says he would love to take a picture so he can show other owners what they should be using on a big or aggressive dog.I was pretty shocked.The AC guy also commented on the horse lead I use.I explained to him I feel absolute security is a must!! He took some pics of the collar and lead off Schranz with his phone and thanked me.I am very glad I called AC as I sure do feel better about the pup and knowing that AC guy doesn`t look at every pitbull as a detriment to society really makes me feel there is hope for the rest of the world!

Now if I could just beat it into the step-family  ;D ;D ;D

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dog days.....
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 05:52:13 PM »
Good for ya Tech  O0

I've shot a few dogs before to keep them from starving to death , I'm not a believer in " hoping they will make it ". I have no doubt that some would but at what cost ? ( Preying on wildlife or domestic stock ) not a good option , we have some feral dogs on some of the state land I hunt , they have very little fear of man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: Dog days.....
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 07:14:16 PM »
The AC guy and my neighbor said the park is a hot spot for dog dumping.I`d hate to encoutner an aggressive dog while being out in the park.Heck I wouldn`t want a few out in the timber hunting me either.

Facebook Comments