December 12, 2017, 08:44:48 PM

Author Topic: Your funniest or spookiest after dark exp.  (Read 5889 times)

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
Your funniest or spookiest after dark exp.
« on: May 19, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »
I used to work on a 2400 acre horse farm/ cattle ranch. I ran the cattle part of the operation. One of my pastures had two swamps that I used to gig frogs in. My Daughter decided that she wanted to learn how to get frogs so one moonless night we drove to the gate of the pasture. I decided not to drive in because it had rained earlier that day and I figured we would get stuck. We gathered the lights,frog bag and gigs and started walkin across the field. My daughter said something about not bein able to see. At least I thought thats what she said. Actualy she said she had to pee. I told her to keep close and she'd be ok and I kept walkin. I heard footsteps behind me so I figured it was her. She had stopped to pee. Are you wonderin what is walkin behind me? Well I got to the edge of the swamp and I stopped. I turned to my right and said Lisa be real quiet so the frogs don't spook. She answered but it sounded like she was a long ways off. I turned to my left and something blew on my face. I almost crapped my drawers. My old cow horse that lived in that pasture had been followin me across to the swamp. I was about to slap the horse to shoo it away and my daughter came walkin up with the frog gig. It was so dark she didn't see the horse. Yep she stuck the gig to the horses butt and the sumbitch ran over me. I'm layin there tryin to catch my breath cause the horse stepped on my leg and my chest as he ran over me. We didn't do any froggin that night and we used the light walkin back to the truck.
                                                                        Pegleg       
"Kinky is using a feather." "Perverted is using the whole chicken."

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Your funniest or spookiest after dark exp.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:45:51 PM »
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Dang pegleg, that must have been exciting AND painful!  :shock:
We were coonhunting one night when the dogs came running back to us as hard as they could run.
We shined our lights and all we could see were big eyes bearing down upon us, a herd of angus cattle in hot persuit and right at us.
We ran and jumped off into a deep creekbed, hugging the side of the creekbed closest to the cattle.
Many of the cattle ended up in the creekbed with us, bawling and kicking cattle wallowing all around in the mud and water close enough for us to slap them if we wanted to.
The five us us came out without a scratch. Stupid dogs.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 08:55:51 PM »
Thats pretty funny John. Thats gotta be scary bein in a stampede on foot.  ;D
                                                               Pegleg
"Kinky is using a feather." "Perverted is using the whole chicken."

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 09:25:19 PM »
 ;D ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 09:26:33 PM »
Funniest........  I had this buddy that I use to gig with , if he was running the boat and you shined a snake , he was gonna put the boat right up on him. Now for the funny (payback)....... he and I were walking farm ponds one night shooting frogs with 22s and killed a huge cotton-mouth . He decide that he wanted to make a belt out of the skin, as we are crossing a fence ( 2 strands of barbwire on top of hog wire) he's got the snake in the hand he is holding the wire with and a rifle in the other. Just as he is straddle of the fence I shine the light down on the snake, it's muscle reaction is still moving and I yell " " It ain't dead" he looks down and before he can think what is actually happening, he drops snake and gun and takes off with his leg still on the other side of the barbwire......... nice long scar to remind him to never run the boat up on another snake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and yes we are still friends today
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 10:23:17 PM »
Man these stories are great.I don`t have many and you guys should be flooding this place with great tales to tell the pups someday O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 07:09:21 AM »
We were picking up our willow pole bank poles after running them all night. As we were nosed into the shore brush and my pal was pulling a pole out of the mud, I felt something light on my cheek.
Thinking it was just some spider cobweb, I brushed it off. What I brushed off was a large Brown Recluse spider. The spider fell into the bottom of the boat and quickly met his maker under my foot.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 01:07:19 PM »
A freind of mine Bill and I where picking up night crawlers around 1a.m. during a light rain in our cattle pasture we were soaked from the rain when my freind Bill had to pee he didn't see the electric fence in the dark (the fencer is the hi power one that does 80 miles of fence. But there is only around 5 acers of fenced in area.)He was screaming pretty loud ,once I figured he wasn't being killed I almost died laughing.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2007, 03:47:33 PM »
I bet that fried his little guys!  :twisted: :twisted:
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 06:50:13 PM »
my dad and I were drift fishing on pigeon creek on night and had been catching quite a few cat fish when we heard something thump in the boat. dad turned on his light , and spoted a larg water snake in the boat with us,, He is scared to death of snakes, so before i can get it out of the boat he pulled out his 357 and shot the snake three times.. We spent the rest of the night trying to patch the three holes in the bottom of the boat so tha we could get back to the truck..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 07:06:41 PM by Eric Hazelip »
All who resist will die

Facebook Comments