December 18, 2017, 02:15:02 AM

Author Topic: Your funniest or spookiest after dark exp.  (Read 5892 times)

Offline BigStrutter

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Happiness is a 50 cal.
Re: Your funniest or spookiest after dark exp.
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2007, 08:31:13 PM »
A gang of turkeys leaving a tree after you scared them while trailing a hit deer in the dark will make you find religion real quick.  And lets not discuss climbing into to your box stand in the darm one morning and after latching the door closed realize that a nice fat possum has taken a liking to the same stand. To this day I don't think I touched a step on the way down the ladder.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2007, 09:08:36 PM »
took a freind bow hunting after leading him thru the woods to the stand I was on my way to my stand when i heard screaming and then a loud thump as scott fell  off the ladder half way down.when i got over there scott was getting up soaked in coon pee there had been a young coon in the tree and had tried to climb down over scott and got scared and peeed all over him. To this day scott known as the human scent wick.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
I just spit my beer all over the monitor!  That was funny!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 12:27:07 AM »
When I was a kid the neighbor boys and I went coon hunting one dark night. The weather was warm for the season so I had just pulled on a pair of Dad's light garage coveralls. They were somewhat too large for me but all my hunting clothes were too warm for the weather. We had started through the rear pasture and had not much more than entered the edge of the big woods at the rear of the pasture when I stepped into a covey of quail. One of them went up the floppy leg of my coveralls to about the knee. If you can believe my buddy I squealed like a little girl and began rolling around on the ground. In the process of the rolling screaming and soiling my drawers the carbide light I had on my hat set a small forest fire that took the 3 of us about 20 minutes to stomp out. The mood was pretty much ruined and the hunt was over for that night, but I will tell you for sure that a quail up your pants leg in the dark will bring the poop right up in your neck real quick.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 06:34:45 AM »
is that a quail in your pants or are you just happy to see me?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »
One of my first ever solo hunts with friends(as opposed to with the folks) was also on the coldest, stillest morning I have ever lived. It was the coldest day of the year. Even the hounds were brought in that night. Most of you guys will laugh at the fact that it was only 20 degrees, but hey, I never wore long sleeves in my life. Summer lasts 10 months a year in FL. So, obviously, we toasty folk have no idea how to dress for this weather(usualy deer hunting weather is about 40). Just after we had fininish walkin to our food plot, bows in hand, I notice I can't feel my fingers and know I won't be able to shoot squat by 9:00 when the deer realy start to move.  All three of us begin to notice this by 8:30-after 2 unbearbale hours in the cold...but just as we are beggining to dose off from hypothermia-breakin through the complete silence of the morning comes a few dove cooing away. They flew right through mine and E's tree stand, to the other end of the food plot and right through our buddy's legs. I bet that woke him up.... I think that may have been why we called it quits-the wet pants just made it down-right unpleasant. I got another story about a silent frozen morning, lost in the forrest- I'll tell that tomarow.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2007, 10:26:09 AM »
When my son was a wee lad, he begun to notice trees that had been cut and begun to ask questions. Me, my uncle and cousin explained that these were cut by beavers and described the animal and how it looked and lived. We also felt the need to spook him a little (doesn't everyone do this to little kids?). "You see that tree right there." "That was done by a big one," "Just look at the size of those teeth!!" "Imagine what he could do to your leg!!!"
 When he was about 11, me and him were on the lake and he felt the urge to use the bank facilities. As I was manuevering the boat, he jumped before I got the boat there, and landed on a mass of branches. Wouldn't you know it, there was a family of beavers hiding out there. He broke through the limbs and the beavers "exploded". I'll probably never make father-of-the-year, but at the sight of my boy up to his waist screaming "Beavers!!!-Beavers!!!!", all I could do was laugh. The rescue would have to wait.
 He's a grown man now, but at the camp, he's still known as "Little Beaver"
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2007, 10:35:32 AM »
When my son was a wee lad, he begun to notice trees that had been cut and begun to ask questions. Me, my uncle and cousin explained that these were cut by beavers and described the animal and how it looked and lived. We also felt the need to spook him a little (doesn't everyone do this to little kids?). "You see that tree right there." "That was done by a big one," "Just look at the size of those teeth!!" "Imagine what he could do to your leg!!!"
 When he was about 11, me and him were on the lake and he felt the urge to use the bank facilities. As I was manuevering the boat, he jumped before I got the boat there, and landed on a mass of branches. Wouldn't you know it, there was a family of beavers hiding out there. He broke through the limbs and the beavers "exploded". I'll probably never make father-of-the-year, but at the sight of my boy up to his waist screaming "Beavers!!!-Beavers!!!!", all I could do was laugh. The rescue would have to wait.
 He's a grown man now, but at the camp, he's still known as "Little Beaver"
   I might have to use that one if you dont mind...
All who resist will die

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2007, 11:02:37 AM »
Here's one on my brother (he hates it when I tell this :twisted:).  Some on here have already read this somewhere on here once before.  This is kinda long, but worth it to read! O0

Anyway, my brother is in the Navy.  After spending around 11-12 years in, he got picked up for some kind of program to become an officer, where the Navy would put him through college to get his degree.  So, for 4 years, he was "back home" so to speak, getting to live the good life, acting young, drinking, and hunting about every weekend.

The weekend of our early muzzleloading season in October, my brother had gotten done with his classes early, and left campus for the weekend.  Once he got around home, he went into town and hit a pizza buffet, scarfing down all that "high quality" pizza, as much as he could stomach.  Once he got back to the farm, he started drinking.  Now bear in mind, when in hunting camp, we go for "quantity" rather than "quality" when it comes to beer. O0  He had picked up something like 3 cases of Milwaukee's Best Light beer (insert barfing emoticon here).  Me, I prefered Old Milwaukee Light. O0  So anyway, by the time I got down there, he had already consumed about a 12 pack.  We continued drinking and shooting the bull until around 11 PM or so, and then decided to stop long enough to pass out. ;D

The next morning, while getting ready, all of the high quality pizza and beer my brother had consumed the previous day, started to exact it's revenge upon him. ;D  Before we left the cabin to go hunting, he had already gone to answer the "call of nature" twice.  After leaving the cabin, he goes one way, and I go the other.  As the crow flies, we were hunting about 400 yds apart.  Just a little after daylight, I had a few deer come in, and unleashed the "big58cal" muzzleloader on a doe.  She dropped in her tracks, so since it was nice and cool and still early, I stayed in the stand.  Around 10:00 AM, I heard a deer bawl, and something running through the leaves.  I could see 2 things running through the woods about 75 yds out in front of me, but I couldn't make out what they were.  With it being mid October, the leaves were still on the trees.  The animal in front, that I figured was a deer, fell, going end over end a couple of times.  The animal behind, that if figured was a coyote or a dog, then started slowly circling the deer.  It made 1 circle and started the second, and then there was a loud boom and a big cloud of smoke! :twisted:  I heard a yelp at the shot, and that was it.  The deer eventually got up, but was tore up pretty bad, so I shot it to put it out of it's misery.

So by now, it's a little after 10:00 AM, I have yet to hear my brother shoot, but he's heard his little brother shoot 3 times. ;D  I was getting ready to get out of the stand and I finally heard my brother shoot.  I went up to where the two critters were and saw that I had shot a coyote (he's mounted now, up on my mantle).  I left everything where it was and walked back down to the cabin.

As I was walking up to the cabin on the road, my brother dropped down the hill by the cabin, into the road also.  We're standing there talking about what I had seen and shot and what he had seen and shot and such.  With the way the wind was blowing, I was down-wind from him.  I said, "I smell s**t."  He said, "Don't even start!  It's been a bad morning!!"  Well allrighty then!! ;D  Then he proceeded to tell me what had happened (that was his first mistake! :twisted: ;D).  Seems that he was sitting in a little 4x8 shooting shack that we've got up there, getting pretty disgusted because he had heard me shoot right at daylight, and hadn't seen anything at all.  Around 9:30 or so, a pain hit him. :shock:  He clenched his cheeks together and made it out of the shack, and up the hill behind the shack a little piece.  He got his coveralls unzipped, but when he lifted his leg to get one of them out of the coveralls, it released the pressure he was holding with his cheeks. :shock:  Apparently, he filled his underwear full. ;D  He then finished getting out of the coveralls and camo enough to get down to the soiled underwear.  He took his knife and cut the underwear off, finished relieving himself, and then used the clean parts of the underwear to clean himself up a bit. :wink:  Now, he's done relieving himself, got himself cleaned up somewhat, and is now getting dressed again.  As he's getting back into his coveralls, he looses his balance, falling backwards into what he had just "deposited". ;D ;D  Thoroughly put out, he goes back to the shooting shack.

Now, sitting in the shack, he is really ticked, with the chain of events that have taken place this morning.  He now hears his little brother shoot 2 more times, just adding insult to injury.  A little bit after I shot, he sees a doe coming around the logging road.  She gets to about 75 yds and stops, sticking her nose up into the air.  Seems she "smelled" something. :roll:  Knowing that the deer isn't going to get any closer, he shoots her.  She falls, then gets up and runs off.  Having not had that much experience in following blood trails, he decides to go down to the cabin and wait for me.

So now we're up to where both of us are standing in the road by the cabin, and me now KNOWING why I smell s**t. :D ;D  We decide to give his deer some time, so we go get one of mine out, and then go back and get the other one and the coyote.  After we get the deer field dressed and hung in the barn, we went back and started looking for his deer.  Based upon what he said the deer did, the blood I was finding, and the trail that was left, it appeared that he had hit the deer high in the shoulder.  After looking for a couple of hours and not finding the deer, we gave up. :'(

After getting out of the woods, we loaded the coyote in the truck and took it down to show momma.  After she looked at it, we all ended up inside her 6' high chain link fenced back yard, sitting on buckets and talking.  The reason for the fence was because of the two dobermans she had in there, one being a big red male, named Eely.  Well, apparently when my brother and I were loading the coyote on the 4 wheeler, my brother had inadvertantly let the coyote brush up against his camo pants.  As we're sitting in the back yard talking, my brother really wasn't paying attention as Eely came up and was sniffing him camo, and then promptly hiked his leg and proceeded to pee on my brother's camo! ;D ;D ;D  At this, my brother jumps up and yells, "I'M F*****G DONE!!!!!" ;D ;D ;D

Let's recap boys and girls..........

He started out having to crap twice before he left the cabin, having to listen to his little brother shoot all morning, crapped his pants, cut his underwear off with a knife, fell backwards into his crap, made a bad hit on a deer and didn't recover it, had to help me get all of my critters out of the woods, and had a dog pee on him. ;D ;D ;D ;D  Talk about having a bad day! :shock:
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 11:30:59 AM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »
never had the quail expirience but I can tell you as a kid I crapped my drawsers when i walked into a bunch of pidgeons at night
A machine gun would be close

Facebook Comments