October 20, 2018, 06:29:04 PM

Author Topic: Quail  (Read 4907 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Quail
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »
Seriously, JA, I'll give you $20 for 20. Figure out how much it costs to ship a big ol crate full of them overnight. I would love to have my neck of the country infested with them! :D :D
I wish I could ship you a whole train load for free. We have more turkeys than quail in my patrol area.  :tickedoff Thursday evening I stopped at least a dozen times for bunches of turkeys and numerous times for idiot deer crossing the roads. Looking out in the fields and seeing flock after flock of turkeys and herds of deer convinces me they aren't hunted enough.
It's hard to hunt decent game like squirrels because of all the dang deer and turkeys running and spooking the squirrels.  :tickedoff
Our installation legal night speed is 35 on paved roads and 25 on the gravel roads. It has prevented some deer accidents, but we still have a lot of accidents. The 45 max day limit hasn't prevented all the accidents, either. During deer gun season, we don't see many deer on the roads unless the deer are in rut.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2007, 11:28:52 PM »
Our maximum day speed limit is 45 MPH, with the gravel roads are set at 35 during the day. Night speed limit is reduced to 10 MPH slower, so it's not fast traveling traffic that's killing the game.
Our installation legal night speed is 35 on paved roads and 25 on the gravel roads. It has prevented some deer accidents, but we still have a lot of accidents. The 45 max day limit hasn't prevented all the accidents, either.

I think Onestone is hitting the fire-water again. :roll:  Either that or he's making sure he's a lock for the GPS Liar of the Year award. ;D

John, if you don't like wild turkey, you're not fixing it right. O0  Take the breast and cut it in strips, roll in seasoned flour and fry.  It'll make your tongue slap your brains loose! O0  Take the legs and thighs and put them in a crock pot with chicken broth, poultry seasoning, and a whole onion.  When the meat comes off the bone, take it out and strip all of it off of the bone and throw the onion away.  Cook some egg noodles in another pot until they're 3/4 done.  Put the noodles in the chicken broth with the pieces of meat and cook another 30 minutes to an hour. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 11:06:21 AM »
Oh man is a bowl of boiling hot turkey soup like that great after a frozen day of hunting. ;D

Offline Brydawg

• Applied for my club membership...
  • If your Dawg's fat, YOU need more exercise !
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2007, 06:23:43 PM »
I have no use for the wild turkeys, don't hunt them, they taste like cardboard,

You're over cookin' em' John ! :shock:

Ya' ever had one Deep Fried ?.....Broke da' Mouth !

Tenderfoot,
 Don't you have the Osceola Turkey down there in your neck of the woods ? I've seem em' around Clearwater a few years back !
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 06:27:56 PM by Brydawg »
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 12:07:31 PM »
Not in my neck of the woods, but if you do go farther south into clearwater/Tampa and collier county type area you see them. I would so love to hunt them some time, but as of yet I am not willing to pay to hunt on somebodies land and haven't found any free opportunities. Maybe once I get a normal bird I'll feel confident spending the money to ship myself down there and try an osceola.
We got turkey up here, but they stay in very isolated patches, and if you cannot hunt those areas you may see none. A difference of 15 miles and you may go from seeing tons to seeing nothing. The areas I've obtained hunting rights to all have no turkey.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 12:26:50 PM »
You're over cookin' em' John ! :shock:

Ya' ever had one Deep Fried ?.....Broke da' Mouth !

Tenderfoot,
 Don't you have the Osceola Turkey down there in your neck of the woods ? I've seem em' around Clearwater a few years back !

I've deep fried domestic turkeys. Next time I will try the deep fry on the wild turkey, thank you.  O0 I don't have to shoot them, they throw themselves in front of my patrol vehicle. Dumb turkeys.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Brydawg

• Applied for my club membership...
  • If your Dawg's fat, YOU need more exercise !
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 04:41:55 PM »
I've deep fried domestic turkeys. Next time I will try the deep fry on the wild turkey, thank you.  O0 I don't have to shoot them, they throw themselves in front of my patrol vehicle. Dumb turkeys.

Turkeys are dumb as a rock until you get a Turkey permit in your pocket ! :shock:
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 09:25:50 PM »
Amen to that. I remeber back before I hunted(when all I could do was fish, being too young) I used to chase turkey around the neighborhood. You saw them all over the roadsides and honked at them so they'd move their lard, but they'd just stand there. Once on vacation in NC my sister and I caught a dumb one on the side of the road. We carried him to the car and then threw him back towords the woods. But since I got my turkey permit I have not even been able to spot one.

Facebook Comments