November 18, 2017, 06:35:23 PM

Author Topic: Looking for a Bow-Sling,any sugestion`s ?  (Read 2341 times)

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
Looking for a Bow-Sling,any sugestion`s ?
« on: September 19, 2003, 08:46:47 AM »
:twisted: I hunt with a Climber,and carrying my bow in hand is realy wareing my arm out,need something I can use with a Climber on my back, anyone have any Idea`s ? :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 08:07:04 PM »
Hmmm... can't use a standard sling since you've got the stand. What about the hand slings? Probably not ideal, but they're cheap and it will put the weight on your wrist and not your hand. I saw some of those while I was looking through Bass Pro the other day.
 :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 06:42:21 AM »
:twisted: I have a wrist strap on it now,but it let`s my Bow move to much,and it hit`s my climber,bad for my string,and it makes alot of noise when it hit`s.   :twisted:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2003, 05:23:27 PM »
I normally just carry mine in my hand.  A few years ago though, I was on a quota hunt and shot a decent buck.  I had already seen 3 people come by me, so I wanted to make only 1 trip to the truck, with the deer, stand, and bow.  I ended up lashing my bow to the back of my stand (that was on my back).

I haven't heard of or seen any type of sling that would work for you with a stand on your back.  You may just want to get you a couple of small bungee straps and hook it onto the back of the stand.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2003, 07:53:20 AM »
:twisted: Thanks Big58cal,I`ll have to try that,or just a piece of Rope with two loop`s in it. I`m going out in a few hour`s,it`s the last day of Quota,I`ll try to catch someone leaveing early,and grab thier Quota Slip,I just have to get out there....The Itch is too strong!!!! :twisted:

Offline propredator

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2003, 11:21:08 AM »
Cracker i use a sling i got at wally world a couple years back,it goes around your cams and snaps and is adjustable,a sling from cam to cam.
 I use it all the time going in and out of the woods.I havnt used it with a climber,dont have one but i think you would be able to move it around to work for you,they dont cost much either. :D

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2003, 09:03:35 AM »
:twisted: Thank`s Propredator,guess I just have to go see what`s out there,and work around my problem. I`ll start at Wally World to see what they got,then try Bass Pro Shop here in town,they have an Archery Shop. :twisted:

Facebook Comments