November 24, 2017, 08:49:37 PM

Author Topic: Winchester Model 90  (Read 893 times)

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
Winchester Model 90
« on: June 06, 2007, 01:29:44 AM »
Recently closed on a couple of properties and was cleaning one up the other day and made a very nice find.  Up on a high shelf, way in the back, covered by old papers was a Winchester Model 90 in 22WRF.  Obviously been there for a while, previous owner knew nothing about it, so IT'S MINE!

Not in too bad of shape really.  Taking some time to remove rust spots carefully to see what the bluing looks like underneath, wood is good, bore is also in great shape.

Only problem I have is that the rear sight is busted off, just a screw left in the dovetail.  Been trying to find a replacement for it.  Can easily get a tang fold up sight for it but that it did not orginally have, would rather get soemthing close to what it orginally came with.  Wondering if a rear site from an 1890 or 1906 or 62 would work.....?  Kinda hard to see how well it shoots without a rear sight.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Winchester Model 90
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 01:51:38 PM »
Check Ebay. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments