October 18, 2017, 04:33:08 PM

Author Topic: hi from New York  (Read 2320 times)

Offline black bear 84

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
hi from New York
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:37:24 PM »
Hi guys,
I like to hunt with rifle, blackpowder and bow, here in Long Island my bow hunting area is 8 miles away.

I also hunt in the Adirondacks for deer and bear and in Northem Maine for bear during the August-September season.

I like to shoot my black powder rifles and revolvers, knife collecting, fly fishing and I make my own flashlights.

I tie my own flies, reload some rifle cartridges and trie to learn more about hunting in general.

Hope to go to Alaska for bear before I get too old.

Best regards to all.
black bear

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: hi from New York
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 07:46:54 PM »
Welcome to Gut Pile Style Black Bear!  With experience like that, we want to see some posts!   O0
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 08:18:48 PM »
Welcome Black Bear.  There are some real big bear hunters here.  I've never been bear hunting but we have a lot in MN.  Hope to see some pictures.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

travo

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 10:11:16 PM »
sounds like a guy who uses primitive weapons and enjoys the chase, and doing things the old fashioned way while learning to become a true outdoorsman. my kinda guy. dont let this post be your last.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 10:56:59 PM »
Welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 11:16:03 PM »

I tie my own flies

You don`t have zippers?

travo

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 11:33:25 PM »
ya just had to post that so i would read it just as the old lady was naggin me. dern,it, she thinks i was laughin at her, now im in double trouble. better be a tent in that package.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 03:13:14 PM »
You make your own flashlights?  ???
Interesting....How?
Anyway, welcome to tha JUNGLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 05:25:14 PM »
Glad to have you around Black Bear. O0  Pull up an empty 5 gallon bucket and sit a spell.  You'll learn a little from time to time, but I guarantee you won't be bored around here. ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2007, 05:41:01 PM »
Welcome Black Bear, have a sit and tell us some li.... uhmmm...stories. I recommend the upwind side of the fire as BC and I are banished to the down wind side (something or other about noxious and volitile fumes and a flaming sasquatch).
 Word of advice, If John Andrews offers you something to eat, ask what it is before you eat it or don't ask at all. We lose more newbies that way.
 Looking forward to reading some of your ..uhm..stories.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments