October 18, 2017, 04:28:52 PM

Author Topic: Bersa Owners Manual  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Bersa Owners Manual
« on: July 18, 2004, 02:26:49 PM »
I've got a Bersa model 97, .380 pistol.  Does anyone know where I can find an owners manual for it?  I've looked on the Bersa-Llamma site, but it wasn't much help.  What it is, is that I can't figure out how to get the slide off of it.  There's a lug under the barrel that has some grooves in it and it moves a little, but I can't figure out how the thing works to get the slide off.

Anyone got any suggestions about the owners manual or how to get the slide off?  I've been fiddling with it for about a 1/2 hour now! :x
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Bersa Owners Manual
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2004, 10:20:19 AM »
any pics of the pistol????
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Bersa Owners Manual
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2004, 08:09:27 PM »
What is it with you and pictures?????????

Just kidding! :D   I'll see if my little P.O.S. digital camera can take something you'll recognize as a gun and post it.  Gotta eat supper first though! :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Bersa Owners Manual
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2004, 09:36:21 PM »
OK Firekidd, here's some pictures.  They aren't that clear, but it's the best my little POS digital camera would do!

You'll have to excuse the mess around the pictures.  That's my cleaning towel and true to it's name, that's what I'm in the process of!  The last picture shows the lug under the barrel really well.  As I said, it's got some groves cut in it so that you can push it forward, but I've yet to figure out why??????  It's probably for taking the slide off, but I've yet to figure out how.

I sent an email to the Bersa-Llamma site yesterday asking them about it.  The guy got back with me tonight and said that it was before his time.  He told me to contact the importer.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Bersa Owners Manual
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2004, 11:28:41 PM »
I had a firestar pistol that looked kind of like that.....   there were some hash marks that lined up when you pulled the slide back about 1/4".  then the slide release was pushed through from the back.  (if the pistol was held like your first pic...)  I can't tell, what kind of slide release that has...

I don't know if that helped....  good luck!!!

P.s. does that silver pin by the front of the handgaurds have anything to do with it???
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
Bersa Owners Manual
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 10:13:48 PM »
Dont know if you got it already or not. On my little Davis 32 auto. Theres a little button like on the rear of the gun, it would be Right over the hammer on yours if its there or maybe right by the firing pin.. It covers the firing pin.If you push it in with a knife or small screwdriver you can pull the slide back and up to come off. I cant see it in your pics but maybe it will help. Heck I aint sure just thought I'd try, maybe its worth something.Maybe it aint.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Facebook Comments