December 17, 2017, 04:36:26 PM

Author Topic: New Intro's  (Read 8681 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
New Intro's
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2004, 07:19:15 PM »
Ain't no such thing an a Yankee Redneck!  Imposter!!!!! :twisted:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
New Intro's
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 07:56:26 PM »
Here's the test for her....... ya drink sweet tea or that nasty ol' plain stuff???  :?   hehe
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline dusty

new intros
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 08:32:13 PM »
Hello John Andrew and than you for the welcome.  And I agree with you about  the "better bunch of folks.  I find that people who are close to the outdoors  and pursue hunting and fishing opportunities, tend to be some of the most reliable and sensible people you can find. I live in Timmins Ontario, Canada. I just moved here a couple of years ago. It isn't what I would call exotic, but it fits the the requirments of hunting and fishing needs. I used to live in Northwestern Ontario, north of Kenora Ontario. It as well is far from exotic but man what a place for moose and walleye. You would be hard pressed to find any better place in the province when it comes to those two things right there. So tell me John, what is it like for hunting/fishing  in you neck of the woods.

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
New Intro's
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2004, 12:54:46 PM »
Quote from: gutpiles
Here's the test for her....... ya drink sweet tea or that nasty ol' plain stuff???  :?   hehe

Sweet Tea, of course, silly!  won't drink nothin else! :D

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
New Intro's
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2004, 12:55:58 PM »
Quote from: Big58cal
Ain't no such thing an a Yankee Redneck!  Imposter!!!!! :twisted:

UUUMMM...Yassah, der be! :wink:

Jen :wink:

Offline smokepoleman

• http://www.downsouthhunting.com
New Intro's
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2004, 11:59:42 PM »
i am smokepoleman guts you should know me /live in north carolina  deerhunting/foxes/bobcats my hobbies!
This ain't your daddys bow

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
New Intro's
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2004, 10:23:45 PM »
Dusty, I have been in your old neck ot the woods, vacationing. Great country! Well, our hunting is pretty dull, compared to what you folks have. For anything else other than small game and deer, we have to travel out of state. Our waterfowl hunting was poor this year, but one of my sons was in Canada this last season and had a great waterfowl hunting week. About the only thing we have gained here are pretty good numbers of bobcats, but no season yet. Trappers take a few by accident here every year. All our counties have the cats now, and they are doing great.  A bobcat hide would look good on my wall, huh? The small game hunters here are almost extinct. More game for the few hunters! We have a lot of pheasant and quail, too. AND new world record size deer right here close to home! I may reconsider, and take up deer hunting again next season! How's your huntin'?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline dusty

new intros
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2004, 12:10:44 PM »
Hi  JOhn.  The hunting is pretty good around here for small game. Mostly everybody hunts ruffed grouse and there are quite a few spruce grouse mixed in with them. There is also a small number of sharptail grouse with in a close proximity of the city, but they get more abundant the farther north and west you go I think. There are alot of snowshoe rabbits or varying hare as they are called that some people hunt. I don't shoot any of the rabbits as I think I ate way to many of them when I was a kid :lol:  There is the odd deer around here but not many but there is no hunting season in this part of Ontario. There is also some wood land caribou farther north of here but they are protected and are off limits to anybody but the First Nations people. There is an abundance of moose around here but the hunt is regulated through a lottery system. You can buy a hunting licence wich allows you to shoot calves anywhere in Ontario that there is an open season, but you can only shoot a bull or cow if you have been selected in the draw. The bull or cow tag is only valid in the wildlife management unit that you choose when you entered ie.. if you have a bull tag for area 31, you can only shoot a bull in area 31. You can only shoot calves in all the other areas. The problem is there are something in the neighborhood of 125000 applicants for some 16000 valid adult tags in all of Ont.  Depending on where you hunt, a hunter can draw a bull or a cow tag this year and it might be another 15 years before he gets another one. Fishing around here is pretty good. There is a multitude of lakes that offer anything from walleye to brooke trout. I haven't lived here long enough to sample many of the lakes but I will be doing so in the future. They have started an elk restoration program just south of here in the Sudbury area a few years ago. I hope that it is a successful as the wildturkey restoration program they did in southern Ont. a while back. The Turkey have done terrific and they have had a spring hunt for the past few years. All in all, there is plenty of opportunity for someone to enjoy the outdoors no matter what your preference and plenty of room to get secluded if you so desire. I have been hunting in places that if anything were to happen to me I would have probably never been found if they didn't know exactly where to look...providing anybody cared enough to look :lol:

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
New Intro's
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2004, 02:36:04 AM »
hey all I'm new also, from nw indiana ( yes the "region") but the part of it that still has woods!!!!

love to hunt squirrels, mushrooms, want to try for rabbit.  I love fishing, an minor pest control (varmints)

Oh yeah, and anything that gets me outside!!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
New Intro's
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2004, 06:38:49 AM »
Glad to have you firekidd! :D   I think a lot of the people on here are suffering from "cabin fever" a little from not getting to get outside! ](*,)   We just generally get on here and talk about anything that interests us.  Feel free to jump into the stuff with both feet!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments