November 20, 2018, 04:48:16 PM

Author Topic: Old dog  (Read 1537 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Old dog
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »
So the buddy I work with has an 8year old Rott that just got it`s rear left leg chopped off due to cancer.The dog is doing fine and getting along just like a dog could.When the dogs rear leg was diagnosed with cancer the vet also noticed a pea size spot in the left lung and a spot in his heart.The dog was taken yesterday for his "check up" and it was then discovered the spots are cancer.Since the dog could live with one lung,having the one lung removed would be no big deal.The heart can`t so the dog is going to die.The vet told my buddy to limit the dogs activity to lesson the strain on his heart and lung.My buddy was moping all day about how much the dog loved to chase animals and now he could no longer do it.I told my buddy he should let the dog have at it.My buddy says "but the vet says it could kill him" and I told him to let that dog die doing something he loves rather than watch him die trapped inside wishing he could only die faster.I was told I am a cruel person for saying he should do it and I am even worse that I would let my dog die happy doing somthing it loved rather torture it.

What do you folks think about it?

Myself as a dogman...I could only pray to the lord any 1 of my dogs died doing what they loved...No matter what it is.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: Old dog
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:38:13 PM »
Yeah I agree with ya I would rather my dogs would die doin what they are trained for and love to do then sit inside just wishin they were outside  O0 O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:48:53 PM »
We went to the hunting shack this weekend.  We have to drive past Mike's uncles house to get back to the shack.  On our way out we stop to say hi.  I noticed that their old dog Hunter was limping.  Then I noticed that his leg was broke.  I told them that his leg was broke and they looked at him and just shook their heads.  The dog (golden retreiver) is at least 16 or 17 yrs. old.  Mike's dad told them that he would take it out "hunting for it's last time".  I could never do it but some people can.  At least he'll get to be in the woods one last time.  :'( :'( :'(
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 09:10:38 PM »
I am with you Tech. Better to die happy than trapped in a pen. I believe that dog knows more than man gives him credit for, and they should be allowed to do what they love until the end.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 09:59:01 PM »
I'd just hope they find both of us under the same tree .
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 10:03:35 PM by rifle-man »
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 10:54:17 PM »
Every living thing on the planet is eventually going to die.  When it's somethings turn to go, it's going to go and nothing is going to stop it.  Up until that time though, you might as well be happy.  If the dog enjoys barking at the neighborhood squirrels all day, then so be it.

It's like a comedian once said, "If you had your choice of dying from getting hit by a bus, or a heart attack while having sex, I know which line I would be in." O0  I know which one I would choose too! O0

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

travo

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 11:50:51 PM »
yup, live like you are die'n.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007, 11:38:07 AM »
yup, live like you are die'n.
Until your carcass wears out.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments