December 12, 2017, 05:25:48 AM

Author Topic: Hunting Dog Legend  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Hunting Dog Legend
« on: July 10, 2007, 03:02:34 PM »

I guess with the right trainer, even the sorriest pot licker can be turned into a decent hunting dog.  However, some just have that hunting instinct that can only come from generations of selective breeding.   Most would agree that Ol' Bear fit the bill for the latter.  From day one he was a real go-getter, always ready for the kill.  Although we started him out small, he had big plans....

I guess it was about the time he was up for his first CoonHound Championship (as a warm up for his upcoming Bear Dog trials),  that we began to notice something unique about Ol' Bear.  Each night, we made sure that lean and mean, predatory machine, had the necessary nourishment available.  No matter how much we left for him, each morning there was a clean bowl.  Yessir, the way he was putting it away, we could tell we were providing the fuel for what would become a treeing legend. 

It wasn't long however, before we began to get concerned.  Although we were assured his hunting lineage showed nothing less than 110 lb hunting machines full of grit, Ol' Bear was topping out at just better than 7lbs.  I suddenly remembered.......that fat pot licking mutt of the neighbor's was always roaming and happened to be looking a little "healthier" than normal.  That genetic train wreck had to be sneaking in, while Ol' Bear was resting from a hard day of training in the woods, and stealing his rewards! 

Although I knew the truth,  our neighbor was oooohhh so sure that his perfectly behaved mutt couldn't be the problem.  All we got from him was a smug little chuckle as he asked for our proof.   Did this man not understand he was holding back a legend?!  It was obvious he was just one of those boneheads that couldn't see the writing on the wall.   Well, if it was proof he wanted, it was proof he would get.  A good hunter always has resources.  Last night I dug out my trusty trail cam and caught the sucker in the act!!!!  I'll continue posting the truth until everyone knows about his biscuit chasing thief of a mongrel. 

This isn't the best pic, but I plan to set it up again tonight for a better shot.  Look closely in the background, just beyond the cat, and you'll see clear evidence of him coming up on the deck.  Spread the word, Ol' Bear's hunting destiny will not be denied!!

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: Hunting Dog Legend
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 03:37:53 PM »
Ya know GP if ol bear is goin to win any coonhuntin championships ya need to maybe swallow yer pride and run that one off the bait if ya need backup rifle would probadly bring lil dog and if that aint enuff send the word and the Trash Pack will come to the rescue  O0 O0 ;D ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 04:38:34 PM »
WHY....... it ought to be against the law for anyone to have a dog that UGLY  ;D    Give Ol' Bear a couple of days off of training so he can stay up and catch the neighbors UGLY mutt in the act  O0   

Ol' Bear will make short work of it  O0  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »
Letting a dog attack a poor defensless animal is staging an animal fight and is immoral and illeagal.Maybe you should learn to knit with ol`bear  ???

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 06:34:23 PM »
Letting a dog attack a poor defensless animal is staging an animal fight and is immoral and illeagal.Maybe you should learn to knit with ol`bear  ???
ya been talkin to my neighbor wife huh  ??? stupid tree hugger anyway maybe this year we can top lasts year record of 6 visits from the sheriff for animal abuse course any more when she calls he just laughs  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 06:53:38 PM »
Not tree hugging sir...Just ethical.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 10:24:48 PM »
ya been talkin to my neighbor(s) wife huh  ??? stupid tree hugger anyway maybe this year we can top lasts year record of 6 visits from the sheriff for animal abuse course any more when she calls he just laughs  ;D

Just chain her farther from the phone  ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 10:36:08 PM »
Just chain her farther from the phone  ;D
well when their phone line accidently I got cut I figured that would end it but when yer phone is permantly attached to yer head I guess ya notice when it dont work

Not tree hugging sir...Just ethical.
so when ya want to go coonhuntin :twisted: ;D ;D

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007, 10:55:13 PM »

so when ya want to go coonhuntin :twisted: ;D ;D

As soon as they are in season.I am no poacher like that guy from mississippi >:(

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 06:21:01 PM »
GP, that coon looks like just the right size for roasting.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments