November 22, 2017, 02:09:40 AM

Author Topic: flyfishing?  (Read 1224 times)

Offline squirrelslayer

• Gut Pile Club Member
flyfishing?
« on: July 23, 2004, 01:34:05 PM »
im wanting to get into flyfishing but i dont know where to start...how much money should i spend on a rod? what line weight should it be? and how tall of a rod should i get....... im going to use it for trout mostly and then bluegill soemtimes
i love shootin squirrel in the head

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
flyfishing?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 05:38:24 PM »
I wish I could help ya out, but fly fishing has never been my cup o' tea.  I always spent more time in the trees than I did the trout hole.   :?   Ellwoodjake can probably help ya with it though - especially on the bluegill!  :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
flyfishing?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 11:27:24 PM »
Fly fishing is a blast!!!   My grandfather taught me, and I have loved it ever since.
as far as money... I would say buy a lower end reel and rod for now, if you like it than you can invest more later...   for rod length, I think mine is 10 or 12 ft long, but I use a short one due to the cramped areas that I fish in.

hope it helps... Have fun!!!
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
flyfishing?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 09:10:33 AM »
Right you are, firekidd! My dad started all us kids with flyrods. One Xmas I got a fly tying kit, one of the greatest presents I ever got. I tied flys for years and caught fish with them, too.Trout fishing is still a passion of mine, but the drive for trout fishing here is pretty long, with too many catfish in between  here and there, just begging to be caught. My jon boat begs to go fishing, and the river is just down over the bluff from my house.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments