December 17, 2017, 02:39:54 PM

Author Topic: I'm hunting......  (Read 1603 times)

april

I'm hunting......
« on: July 30, 2004, 03:17:06 AM »
...for a crossbow :wink: , since all hunters are allowed them this season in my state.
I've checked out Tenpoints and I think that's what I may go with...especially looking at the Elite or Elite Lite model.  Does anyone have any experience with this crossbow...or Tenpoints? Or...what do you use...if you use em?..Cause I'm a first-timer..and I want "the best" (no slackin on the hunting gear)...but, I have no experience with crossbows. Can you recommend any? Or...am I making a good choice with Tenpoint?
Any info is appreciated.

Offline buckeyebuck

I'm hunting......
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 03:30:12 AM »
I've never heard of tenpoints, is that a brand name or a model?
Horton makes good crossbows.  Here in Ohio we can use crossbows too, and I have a Horton XL, I have some stands set up that make using my Mathews compound too risky (getting busted by the big boy) but with a crossbow it eliminates alot of movement.
we don't hunt to live, we live to hunt

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
I'm hunting......
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 06:51:11 AM »
Welcome back April!!! :D  :D

I'm about the same as buckeye - I only have experience with the Horton's.  They make a good bow - you wouldn't be making a mistake
there.   How much money are you wanting to spend on one?  You can put in "crossbow" on the Outdoor Superstore linke above and see some different models and pricing levels.  :wink:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

april

I'm hunting......
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 02:03:50 PM »
Thanks guys.
Here's the link to Tenpoint: http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/  The Elite runs about $800-1000, so I guess that's what I'm willing to spend for one.

I'll do some checking around on the Hortons as well...since you guys would recommend them.
And, I'll check out that link soon as I'm done typing this... :D
thanks guys!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
I'm hunting......
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 07:15:40 PM »
Sounds like a sweet bow!  :twisted:   I just found this one for ya... you may want to check it out.  Maybe it'll save ya a couple of bucks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33972&item=3691072248&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Description    

you are bidding on a TenPoint Titan crossbow package 165 lb draw weight with speeds reaching 280 fps comes with BSA red dot scope quiver 5 easton 2219 arrows and a green padded carrying case the bow was purchased new at the end of last season and only hunted with once and is in like new condition the same bow sells on cabelas.com for $499-$699 but you can get this one at about half that this one did'nt come with the acu draw but still cocks fairly easily shipping will be 14.99 via priority 3 day mail i accept money orders cashiers checks and paypal thanks for looking.

Starting bid:  US $299.99

Time left:  1 days 19 hours

Right now, there are no bids on it!    8)  :!:  :!:  :!:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

april

I'm hunting......
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 07:58:57 PM »
Too cool... Before I came here to check the board I was on ebay and had put that same exact bow on my watch(to mull over)...lol. :twisted:
Thanks for looking around gutpiles....I appreciate it! :D

april

I'm hunting......
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 06:26:47 PM »
I still kick myself for not getting that one on ebay....but, I am armed! :twisted:

I "test drove" a few of them...but was overall satisfied with the PSE Viper Copperhead, so that's the one I got. Only 150 pull, but that puppy can fly..lol. Also looked at the Barnett Revolutions....and might go back and score one of them as well. Was going to put a scope on it, but I like the peep sites just as good, so, the only thing I'll have to do to it is get some more sights (cause the ones included do not stay put after each shoot, and one does not even fit right) and some pads to make it a little quieter.

So, in all....I like that bad boy. I already blistered my fingers shooting that thing all day yesterday and today..lol. :twisted:

And Hortons....I liked them as well. Specially the XL. But, my gramps scored one and I wanted something different..lol. (We can share now... :twisted: )

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
I'm hunting......
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 09:32:08 AM »
It sounds like you're set Miss April!  8)   Now we want to see the kill shots!   :twisted:

april

I'm hunting......
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 05:40:47 PM »
Done deal....I'll post em soon as I nail em. :twisted:

Facebook Comments