December 18, 2017, 02:15:15 AM

Author Topic: How many lady hunters here?  (Read 3071 times)

Offline RealtreesWWH

How many lady hunters here?
« on: September 21, 2003, 10:34:04 PM »
Just wondered how many lady hunters we had registered here?I'm a born and rasied hunter.Don't know nothing else.I have met very few ladies who hunt as hard as I do.I'm always looking to learn more and it seems I always have to ask the fellows.Most women I know could care less about hunting.Those are ones that should stay out of the woods.Don't really mind asking the fellows,seems like they know more. :D What about it fellows,do you take your lady or daughter? :roll:
Alabama's TREASURE Forest Program...Setting America's Standards.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2003, 02:50:20 PM »
Hi WWH!   Unfortunately, I think you are the only lady we have on the board right now.  I guess that makes you the "first lady of GPS"!   :D

We're starting to build a good mixture geographically, but we're still working on the female memberships.  You're gonna have to help us with that!   8)   I'd like to see us get a cross section of people and types of hunting.

As far as taking the wife with me....  It's a rare but nice event.  She doesn't care for hunting, but she will ocassionally go just to be with me and the boys.  (she's got it rough since she's out numbered.... me and our two sons!  lol)  Maybe one day we'll convert her!
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Doe Belly

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 12:37:52 PM »
You guys be on your best behavior and don't scare off WWH!   :D

Good to see ya back!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2003, 09:22:31 PM »
All I've got is a little boy that will be 2 this December.  He'll be going with me probably next year.  I took my wife hunting with me once.  God did not intend for that little girl to be quiet!!!!!  Took her squirrel hunting during the late season.  Here I am sneaking up on squirrels, and she's behind me, CRUNCH, CRUNCH, CRUNCH!  Then, I got on top of a downed tree and walked down it to get closer to some squirrels without making any noise (left the woman up at the base sitting on it).  After I got off the tree, I look over and it keeps bouncing.  I looked back up at her and there she was covering her mouth trying not to laugh out loud!  Some people are hunters, some aren't!!!!! :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

april

Hey...
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2003, 02:06:04 PM »
Only one other woman?  We're a rare breed, WWH.
I, like yourself, live in the woods (literally as well as figuratively).  I live for hunting...and when I can't hunt...TIME FOR FISHIN!)
I think it's cool how the guys always ask me to track up their deer for em. :lol:   I've pretty much hunted my whole life (well, shootin since I was 6) and I can't wait til my daughter's around that age...to take her out for her first kill...(who else got their face "painted" by deer blood after their first kill?lol)  She's already pullin in the bass...at 3.
Anyway, that's it.  You're no longer alone there, WWH.  (Hope that's cool with you).  Later!

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2003, 06:33:26 PM »
I'm workin on getting my license.  And really wish that I had someone to go with.  Don't seem to be many in the family that go anymore for some reason.  Anyone near Ashland County, Ohio?  I want to start hunting with a bow, but just have my pratice one at the moment.  The hubby got laid off, and money is kinda tight right now, but hopefully soon somethin will happen! :D
Jen :wink:

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2003, 08:21:43 PM »
What are the requirements for license in Ohio Jen?  Around here, we're required to pass a hunter's safety course, which isn't too bad.
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2003, 03:26:06 PM »
Quote from: gutpiles
What are the requirements for license in Ohio Jen?  Around here, we're required to pass a hunter's safety course, which isn't too bad.

Yeah, same here, with 9 chapters of stuff to read and questions to answer, then ya have to go have an actual 3-4 hour safety course, and then ya take the test.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2003, 08:51:01 PM »
I'm sure you'll kick butt on it!  :D   Afterall, you're Gut Pile Stylin' now!  8)

Offline RealtreesWWH

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2003, 09:41:53 PM »
Hello and welcome to april and Jen.I'm glad to see I ain't the only gal here.I've been in the woods or I would have got back here sooner.Glad to see you ladies in here posting.I've only had a computer for a little over a year and I've meet alot of good folks at sites like this.Our squirrel and bow seasons opened last month.I'm still way new to my bow but I have took it to the woods.We've got enough squirrels for a stew,now we need enough deer for a cook out.LOL.Btw,don't worry about the competion,I welcome it.We need more ladies that know their way around the woods in here.I enjoy meeting more hunting folks,  so e-mail if you wish. :P  8)
Alabama's TREASURE Forest Program...Setting America's Standards.

Facebook Comments