October 22, 2017, 02:35:26 AM

Author Topic: How many lady hunters here?  (Read 3004 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
How many lady hunters here?
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2003, 12:07:10 AM »
Glad to have you gals.  Check into the regular Hunter Education Course in your state.  All 50 states (and most Canadian Provinces) have reciprocity agreements with the other states.  Basically, what that means is that if you pass the Hunter Education Course in one state (and get your card), other states will also honor that card as you having completed a Hunter Education Course.  With most states, the regular Hunter Education card will work for gun or bow.  A few states however require you to have completed a Bowhunter Education Course if you're going to bowhunt.  Check the regs for the state (I don't think OH is one of them, but I know AK is one).  The Bowhunter Education Course is a good thing in that it hits blood tracking/trailing, tree stands, shot placement, etc.  The regular Hunter Education Courses don't cover these things due to time constraints.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

april

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2003, 02:50:28 AM »
Thank you, kindly WWH.  I hear ya about them squirrels....tis the season.
Made me some squirrel dumplings the other day... :)

april

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2003, 03:14:17 AM »
WWH...are you here in Bama too?

That's cool....(cause you know...can't no woman work them woods like an Alabama woman...(cept of course an Ohio woman like Jen..)

Bowhuntin's great...you're gonna love it.  Hope you bag a monster.

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 01:49:13 PM »
Quote from: april
WWH...are you here in Bama too?

That's cool....(cause you know...can't no woman work them woods like an Alabama woman...(cept of course an Ohio woman like Jen..)

Bowhuntin's great...you're gonna love it.  Hope you bag a monster.

Thanks, April!  I hope I bag a monster too(does the hubby count? LOLOL)
Jen :wink:

Facebook Comments