November 22, 2017, 02:22:08 AM

Author Topic: release and draw length trouble  (Read 1423 times)

Offline lurch

release and draw length trouble
« on: August 03, 2004, 11:19:05 PM »
I have a problem with my draw length seeming to change when i use different kinds of releases.  I have one release that straps to your wrist and you pull a trigger like you would on a gun, and one that fits in your hand and you hit a thumb button(which i would rather use).  the trouble is that when i use the one that i hold in my hand i have to bend myleft arm(i shoot right handed), but when i use the other release i dont need to bend my arm.  could i take my bow to the shop and have this corrected or is there a simple fix that i can do at home?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2004, 11:39:45 PM »
Sounds like the thumb release type shortens you overall draw a little.  The easiest thing to do is to start using a "nocking loop" on your string (if you aren't already).  Basically, what it is, is a string that is tied on the string above and below where the nock of the arrow fits on the string.  A standard nocking loop will lengthen your draw by about 1/2", which is probably all you need.

Below is a link to an article telling about them and how to tie it (something you can do yourself).

http://www.edersbow.com/publication/1999/June/Loop/default.cfm
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 08:46:24 PM »
Man.... even hobbled up... this guys still good.  :wink:

Nice to see ya back in the swing of thing BC!

BTW - welcome to the board Lurch!  Tell us about yourself!  :D
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2004, 12:22:51 PM »
Yep, ol' BC is right on top of it, even when he's hobbled!  :!:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2004, 06:15:01 PM »
Hobbled up ain't the word!  I had been having problems with my elbow and shoulder.  I went to the Dr. for that not too long ago.  Both my elbow and shoulder pain were contributed to archery!  Looks like I may have to miss the bow season this year. :cry:  :cry:  :cry:   My elbow has quit hurting, but the shoulder pain is still there.  Worst case, I'll have to get an exemption to use a crossbow during bow season (KY doesn't allow crossbows during the regular archery season).  I'll have to wait and see.

Dang shame............................I turn 34 and I'm falling apart! :!:   I keep trying to tell the wife that it's just "regularly scheduled maintenance"! :?:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments