November 25, 2017, 02:48:34 AM

Author Topic: Will An Ape Be Declared A Person?  (Read 3219 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Will An Ape Be Declared A Person?
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:12:36 PM »
The following was taken from the July 2007 issue of the American Hunter.

Animal-rights activists are trying to get two chimpanzees legally declared "people."  The apes, Rosi and Hiasl, are in danger of going homeless because the Austrian animal shelter the apes have been living in has gone bankrupt.  Donors have offered to help, but there's a catch:  Under Austrian law, only a person can receive personal donations.  "If we can get Hiasl declared a person, he would have the right to own property.  Then, if people wanted to donate something to him, he'd have the right to receive it," says Eberhart Theuer, a lawyer leading the challenge on behalf of the Association Against Animal Factories, a Vienna animal-rights group.  (Associated Press, 5/5/07)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
Re: Will An Ape Be Declared A Person?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:21:45 PM »
:shock: Oy vay... What will they think of next? :roll:
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

BBF

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 08:03:31 AM »
 I can think of persons that should be declared "ape" :wink:

Offline Brydawg

• Applied for my club membership...
  • If your Dawg's fat, YOU need more exercise !
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 12:30:01 PM »
I can think of persons that should be declared "ape" :wink:
Does he sign his name with a capital G ?
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 08:31:49 PM »
All A.P.E.'s are NOT created equal!   :twisted:

« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 08:38:00 PM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:29:55 PM »
Just a thought ,but maybe we here at the PILE should adopt em and invite em for a Bar B Q  :twisted:
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 11:20:52 PM »
Just a thought ,but maybe we here at the PILE should adopt em and invite em for a Bar B Q  :twisted:
I dont want nothin to do with that and I'm surprised ya do after the last experience we had with primates or did ya forget our dog trainin trips to the zoo         ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline ladyrepublica

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Southern Maryland Anti-Poaching Patrol Officer
    • Very anti peta
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 11:27:52 PM »
I dont want nothin to do with that and I'm surprised ya do after the last experience we had with primates or did ya forget our dog trainin trips to the zoo         ;D ;D
Plott... have you and rifle-man been going around zoos and using endangered species for your dog trainin'?  ;D ;D
I am a question to the world, not an answer to be heard, or a moment that's held in your arms.

2007 Golden Intestine Award Winner:
Biggest Brawl

Bring it on!

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 09:15:05 AM »
Plott... have you and rifle-man been going around zoos and using endangered species for your dog trainin'?  ;D ;D

Trust me.  There was no dog training going on at the zoo.

They were trying to help the animals over the fence. :)
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2007, 09:25:43 PM »
They were trying to help the animals over the fence.

Yea , it seems ya get into more trouble when ya shoot em in the enclosure  ;D  I remember what Plott's talkin bout............... BIGFEET training , as I remember it Plott said we could get rich if we cross-trained our dogs to tree a BIGFOOTS  :roll:  Well that didn't workout real good , but the nights spent at the zoo did yield some useful information .

#1 bring a flashlight......... mans nocturnal vision is far behind most animals with teeth

#2 the height of a fence one can jump, climb, or run through is determined by what is chasing ya

#3 fat zoo keepers can run almost as fast as fat hunters

#4 take any empty beer bottles with you when you leave ( it seems that they can get fingerprints off of em)

#5 and the most USEFUL information of all.......................... don't go with Plott  ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Facebook Comments