November 18, 2017, 09:57:32 PM

Author Topic: It's been rainin' for over 24 hours...  (Read 3210 times)

Offline Brydawg

• Applied for my club membership...
  • If your Dawg's fat, YOU need more exercise !
It's been rainin' for over 24 hours...
« on: August 19, 2007, 06:09:37 PM »
 O0 O0 O0
 It's not raining hard, but at least it's raining. We really need it bad. Some of my Fowlin' Honey holes have been bone dry for a month now. Hopefully this rain will put a little H2O back in em' so they'll be productive again come Sept. 30th.
 All but 7 counties here in Mi. have Burning Bans in effect as of 2 days ago. That means "NO BURNING ANYTHING FOR ANY REASON" according to the Governor, except approved campsites at State Parks, and then you can ONLY burn wood. No trash or paper products.
I hope it keeps rainin' for a few days longer!

WHO prays for rain ??? Waterfowler's... thats who ! :uglystupid2... :-P
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: It's been rainin' for over 24 hours...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 06:24:22 PM »
I wish we would get some down here.  It's dryer than a popcorn fart!  After I got done mowing down at momma's yesterday, I blew my nose and the kleenex was black from all of the dust.  Our lake is lower than I've ever seen it, and it's going on 12 years old now.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Brydawg

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 06:44:19 PM »
It's dry in Kentucky too eh ? Man, If we don't get some wide spread rain soon this whole side of the country's gonna dry up.

It ain't rain, but here's a few drops... :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(... :D
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 07:13:52 PM »
Man, it's gotten so bad around here that the trees are begging the dogs..........and rednecks! :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 10:47:35 PM »
This dry weather hits no one harder than myself.Out of 41 accounts we only did 1 last week.Today is the first day in about a month it has rained.Hopefully the rain will bring the squirrels out in the morning  O0 O0

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 11:43:24 PM »
Yeah we been getting some rain lately too. I just about had all my grass killed and now it it coming back with a vengence. I hate to mow and now I will have to start mowing again every week
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 10:32:05 AM »
We need rain here too!  The water is so low that you can see the wheels on the docks.  It looks funny with the dock about 5 feet out of the water.  We've had a no burning ban on for a while.  No they are talking about banning 4-wheelers in the woods.  I know the forest service has talked to the loggers about not cutting until we get some rain.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 12:30:16 PM »
Y'all can have some of our Iowa rain, we got extra and it's supposed to rain for several more days. It rained yesterday and it's raining today.

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Brydawg

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 04:37:48 PM »
It just stopped raining here about noon today.
 We got a good, well needed rain.  About 40 hours, nonstop ! O0

travo

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 10:34:58 PM »
all the hole are full of water, ducks, and geese here. come on over and slaughter some, brydog!

Facebook Comments