December 13, 2017, 11:27:49 PM

Author Topic: Personal Squirrel Rifle?  (Read 6858 times)

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Personal Squirrel Rifle?
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 11:07:24 PM »
CZ 452 American in 17 M2, Savage 93R17 HMR and the old standby the JW15 Norinco .22 that has killed more sqwacks than I can count.
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 04:44:36 AM »
Depends on my mood.  Got my camo 1022 with scope or ATN sight, or, when I am feeling nostalgic, the Win 67A single shot gets the duty.  This year I will have to take the recently acquired Win 90 pump in .22WRF and see how it performs.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline rugerman

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 10:44:37 PM »
ruger 10/22 LR early in the season with 3 to 9 glass .after the leaves fall go to gramps old 22 mag with 6 to 18 glass. thay get the fun done! O0
SHOOT WHEN YOU CAN ,TRACK WHEN YOU MUST , THEN FRY SOME GAME !!
guns only have two enemies  RUST AND POLITICIANS

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 09:41:32 AM »
Ruger 77/22 with a 3x9 or a Mossberg 835, with low brass of course.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline scotty

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 10:01:32 AM »
mine's still an old savage 93fvss 22wmr named daisey, she kills ok when i do what im supposed to do. O0
squirrel- it aint just fer brekfist anymore!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 02:56:15 PM »
mine's still an old savage 93fvss 22wmr named daisey, she kills ok when i do what im supposed to do. O0
Your daisey and you have quite a reputation within circles of hard core squirrels hunters, scotty. I've seen some pictures of daisey's work O0  :twisted: elsewhere,  and picutres of some GPS lethal encounters with the toothy nut monkeys.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 12:21:21 PM »
Marlin Model 60 topped with BSA 3-7x20 scope.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 03:34:35 PM »
I notice a good percentage of you folks are using the great Model 60s.  O0 Tell you what, I still have one and it was my main small game getter for years. That is, until I bought my Savage .17 HMR.
If I buy another .22, it will be another Model 60.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 05:51:33 PM »
Mossberg 802 with a 3x9 scope. I just can't justify carrying the bull barreled .17, no better than I can shoot when I'm only rested against a tree trunk
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 09:13:58 AM »
Mossberg 802 with a 3x9 scope. I just can't justify carrying the bull barreled .17, no better than I can shoot when I'm only rested against a tree trunk
get ya one of those extendable shooting sticks, ellwood. Or, make one like on Varmint Al's site, the By Fur Pod, I think it's spelled. I made a set. they work good, but heavier to carry than the factory made carbon fiber shooting stick I lost on my last hog hunt.

Facebook Comments