November 20, 2017, 04:10:59 AM

Author Topic: .17 Caliber Game  (Read 4103 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: .17 Caliber Game
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 08:42:17 PM »
Easy there Tech.......... :knuppel2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 09:16:11 PM »
Easy there Tech.......... :knuppel2

Thanks B C but I'll handle this one  :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2 :knuppel2                                                     ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 09:23:49 PM »
RUNNN FER HE LETS IT OUT!!!!  :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 10:26:34 PM »
This thread started out pretty good, and then started downhill really fast! ;D  I just don't want anyone to get carried away with posting something they probably shouldn't. O0

If anyone does get a little carried away, the standard punishment of Plott and Onestone staying with you will be imposed! :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 10:32:06 PM »
Considering them two are pro`s at "launching dogs" I think I will start reading the manual before I post anymore  ;D ;D ;D

BBF

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2007, 11:08:08 PM »
 :tickedoff
 I was going to reply, but had to run to the bathroom to puke after that picture >:( :uglystupid2

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »

If I had one I'd be huntin a BUYER  :twisted:

I couldn't resist that one but the truth is I ain't got nuthin again em , I ain't ever even shot one  O0
  :shock: WHAT? Hey, you don't know what your are missing, fella.  :'( I shoot a Savage .17 HMR for small game, coyotes,  and the occasional c-a-t and other varmints.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline scotty

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
i thinks i seen a picture of a peta party early in this thread :idiot2 looked like they might be about ta "protect " a gerbil any minit :shock:
squirrel- it aint just fer brekfist anymore!

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 04:24:42 PM »
  :shock: WHAT? Hey, you don't know what your are missing, fella.  :'( I shoot a Savage .17 HMR for small game, coyotes,  and the occasional c-a-t and other varmints.

John , I don't doubt that  it's a great round and plenty capable in the right hands  O0  Me and the " old 22 mag round" have been together so long.........it would be like cheatin on my wife  ;D For the style of huntin I do , I wouldn't ever utilize the improved trajectory the 17 has to offer .
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 02:47:31 PM »
i thinks i seen a picture of a peta party early in this thread :idiot2 looked like they might be about ta "protect " a gerbil any minit :shock:
  ;D  ;D  ;D PETA won't fare well here with their arguments!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments