November 21, 2017, 08:50:11 PM

Author Topic: Catahoulas?  (Read 4014 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Catahoulas?
« on: August 29, 2007, 10:11:06 PM »
I ran across this tonight.  I don't know a lot about the dogging side of things, but these seem pretty darn cool.  (And this pic is awesome.  That pup just has badazz written all over it!   :twisted: )  Any of you guys heard of these critters?

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 10:13:28 PM by Gutpiles »
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
Re: Catahoulas?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 10:59:26 PM »
I never heard of them before. I had to google them just to see if this was a real dog name. Interesting little read.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 11:21:58 PM »
There was a couple at the local shelter not that long ago.  I looked them up too.  Not a dog you see everyday around here.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 07:52:04 AM »
them dogs aint just got badazz written all over them they got it coming out instead of blood   :twisted:  they are like all curs origanily bred for workin livestock huntin and family guardians. Now days they are mainly used as hog dogs gritty as hell but somewhat stubbron  O0 GP ya oughta get one  O0 ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 09:30:14 AM »
them dogs aint just got badazz written all over them they got it coming out instead of blood   :twisted:  they are like all curs origanily bred for workin livestock huntin and family guardians. Now days they are mainly used as hog dogs gritty as hell but somewhat stubbron  O0 GP ya oughta get one  O0 ;D
Yep on that!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 05:09:13 PM »
I use to see em pretty often , a lot of folks round here used em for cattle dogs . The ones I've seen , work a cow from the head not the heel . O0  I haven't ever hunted behind one but I hear they are TUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:30:26 PM »
I use to see em pretty often , a lot of folks round here used em for cattle dogs . The ones I've seen , work a cow from the head not the heel . O0  I haven't ever hunted behind one but I hear they are TUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maybe ya should get one to cross to lil dog so ya get some double tuff squirrel dogs that can hang with the brindle curs  or at least a real cool lookin lap dog seems ya got a big enuff lap for two    :twisted: ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 08:59:43 PM »
maybe ya should get one to cross to lil dog so ya get some double tuff squirrel dogs that can hang with the brindle curs  or at least a real cool lookin lap dog seems ya got a big enuff lap for two    :twisted: ;D ;D

Tuff squirrel dogs  ;D ;D you mean tuff humingbird dogs  ;D ;D ;D

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 10:22:51 PM »
Ah, the old " tag team " Rifle ploy  ^-^   Fact is ,when I stand up ......... I ain't even got a lap  ;D  Now for you rabbit boy ............ well rabbit boy pretty much says it all  ;D

I can't banter ( don't look it up , it means to swap insults ) back and forth with you 2 anymore   :'( ............ my wife just walked in and reminded me that it's not right to engage in a battle of wits with anyone as totaly unarmed as the 2 of you   ;D
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 10:46:05 PM by rifle-man »
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 11:10:05 PM »
I can't banter ( don't look it up , it means to swap insults )
I thought banter was a kind of chicken but whatever I bow to yer big city learnin

Facebook Comments