November 24, 2017, 03:34:09 PM

Author Topic: Catahoulas?  (Read 4015 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: Catahoulas?
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2007, 09:11:26 AM »
Banter is defined as... lighthearted teasing or amusing remarks that are exchanged between people.

Yeah... We are way past "Lighthearted" and "Amusing" remarks. ;D
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 05:36:57 PM »
Now you went and did it Rifle-girl!!!

>:( :tickedoff :tickedoff
No one calls me lighthearted! :knuppel2 :knuppel2

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2007, 09:45:38 PM »
Lighthearted , lighthearted, lighthearted,lighthearted,lighthearted,lighthearted,lighthearted  :knuppel2

Come on with it   ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 10:40:55 PM »
Lighthearted , lighthearted, lighthearted,lighthearted,lighthearted,lighthearted,lighthearted  :knuppel2

Come on with it   ;D

Go ahead and press it now...Me and my squirrel dog I don`t even have yet are going to put one on you and that lil`dog  ;D ;D

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 10:09:33 AM »
I've owned a few of these dogs and liked most of em. They do tend to be hardheaded but if you start em young with a good pack of cowdogs they do ok. Cow hunters here in Florida like em for catchin wild cattle. They'll trail and catch-n-hold cattle till you can get em roped. The last one I owned was a buddies reject. He started killin calves and catchin the horses. I kept him around my house to protect my wife and he did a good job of it as long as she tied him up when she hung clothes on the line. He could strip the clothes line in seconds. He saved the wife several times from snakes and once from a stray dog that cornered her in the pasture. He lost a battle with a large Gator that crawled up out of the canal in front of the house one mornin.
                                                               Pegleg
"Kinky is using a feather." "Perverted is using the whole chicken."

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »
I've owned a few of these dogs and liked most of em. They do tend to be hardheaded but if you start em young with a good pack of cowdogs they do ok. Cow hunters here in Florida like em for catchin wild cattle. They'll trail and catch-n-hold cattle till you can get em roped. The last one I owned was a buddies reject. He started killin calves and catchin the horses. I kept him around my house to protect my wife and he did a good job of it as long as she tied him up when she hung clothes on the line. He could strip the clothes line in seconds. He saved the wife several times from snakes and once from a stray dog that cornered her in the pasture. He lost a battle with a large Gator that crawled up out of the canal in front of the house one mornin.
                                                               Pegleg

Sounds like the dog was a true warrior  O0 O0

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 07:45:03 PM »
Yep he was one of a kind. The wife loved him and still tears up when she talks about him. Jeez, thinkin back that was 36 years ago. I'm gettin old.  >:(

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2007, 12:27:11 PM »
                                                               Pegleg
:shock: A fighter to the last!  O0 You didn't tangle with the same gator, did ya?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Pegleg

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 10:51:39 PM »
Don't tell anyone but that gator was eaten a long time ago.  O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 03:48:45 PM »
Pretty interesting read about the dogs.  Not too long, but full of info.

http://www.bulldoginformation.com/catahoula-leopard.html
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments