December 15, 2017, 04:40:58 PM

Author Topic: What's yall's setup for this season?  (Read 3542 times)

Offline izatt82

• Applied for my club membership...
  • might be going to iran if it breaks out
Re: What's yall's setup for this season?
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 08:10:14 PM »
mines just an older recurve limb compound with about a 7 lbs pull

got the cheap spring arm rest and i shoot a one in the bronze ones set at 20 yards with carbon express arrows. left handed draw length is about 30in aid 250 for it about 7 years ago its never let me down. i dont know why the guys get mad when i out shoot there 800 and 900 dollar bows. it is abit louder but oh well it got pretty good speed for an old bow about the 265 range if i remember i think thats where we left it. had it over 270 but it had a bit more vibration so we backed it off.

oh yeah just thought of it jennings made it that who it was i forgot
SEMPER FI
shooting fishing hunting and riding motorcycles  what else is there?

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 11:32:29 AM »
Now, I love Wal-mart just as well as the next guy-can't find anything cheaper than at wal-mart, but they are crazy sometimes :D :D.  I walked in the other day, and not only had they skipped hunting season, Halloween, Thanksgiving etc, but they had Christmas decorations up. Everywhere you turn there is a Santa figurine or a Christmas tree(oops, "Holiday Tree") or packs of lights. They are completely crazy...that and you need ID to buy feild tips/spray paint/white out/ markers/Co2. They could care less if you were completely bald, had wrinkles bigger than the grand canyon and were hacking up a lung from years in the cole mine-they would still ID you. I hate going in there to buy ammo, because it takes me twice as long as it should. I should just be able to run in and fling some money at the register and run out, but it always ends up taking a half hour. Thank goodness goodness the government hasn't made these crazy rules manditory, though-there are still shops that will sell anybody a case of shells.

turkeynutz

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 11:30:54 PM »
Got me a browning tornado, some new 2314's and a camo speedo cus its hot as hell here! ;D ;D ;D

Offline IllinoisBoHunter

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • True Happiness is a Steamin Gutpile!!!!!!
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »
PSE Firestorm X,Viper 4pin sight,whisker B,Doinker stabilizer,Easton Axis arrows and the best of all RAGE 3 BLADE HEADS!!!!!!!!! O0

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
me and my bow made up and we're shooting 3-4'' groups at 20 yds again, so I shall brag of my suitable set-up. 30' tree stand, homemade ghilly suit, home-made scent elimination system, hand cleared foodplot...rye grass and clover. Parker Phoenix 32, 80% let off at 54 lbs. Rage 2 broadheads. Redhead carbon extreme arrows with 4'' dura vanes, cheap tru-flight release Drew foam target(from wal-mart- bad choice), and home-made judo-points for the tree-rats.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2007, 01:42:26 PM »
mines just an older recurve limb compound with about a 7 lbs pull

got the cheap spring arm rest and i shoot a one in the bronze ones set at 20 yards with carbon express arrows. left handed draw length is about 30in aid 250 for it about 7 years ago its never let me down. i dont know why the guys get mad when i out shoot there 800 and 900 dollar bows. it is abit louder but oh well it got pretty good speed for an old bow about the 265 range if i remember i think thats where we left it. had it over 270 but it had a bit more vibration so we backed it off.

oh yeah just thought of it jennings made it that who it was i forgot

Semper Fi!

Offline izatt82

• Applied for my club membership...
  • might be going to iran if it breaks out
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
back at cha, oh i meant 70 lbs by the way just saw that and i dont do that ape stuff much sit on the ground alot they say im crazy but i dont use that scent lock crap or calls or urine just good scouting and being able to be quite and stay still. heck indians did it way back when if they can do it so can I. and i give the deer a fair chance if they see me then they get to live they don't see me very often i can't say never because they got a couple of time in my draw thats the hardest part i've had to stop my draw midway trying not to get blown. so you have to be careful when you choose to draw i like to draw early then hold it till they get in range but sometimes they stop on ya and then im stuck holding that thing but oh well thats the way i do it.
SEMPER FI
shooting fishing hunting and riding motorcycles  what else is there?

Offline Nuss

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2007, 10:42:01 PM »
 I hunt with traditional archery equipment. My hunting setup is a Black Widow MA3. It is 64 lbs at 31". I shoot off of the shelf. My arrows for Deer are Easton Legacy 2315 cut to 31.5" - 3 fletch 5" sheild cut - snap nock - a Flitemate insert with a Ace Standard 145 grain 2 blade broadhead.   

Tim
May your campfires burn bright and all of your arrows fly true.

Offline Tenderfoot

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2007, 09:26:10 AM »
Why two blades?

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »
Hey Tender, I'll love to see pics of ya guille suite. Post some pics! how'd ya make it? ???

Facebook Comments