Author Topic: smoked dove  (Read 1718 times)

travo

smoked dove
« on: September 03, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »
54 of em, that is! saturday was dove opener, and 5 of us went out and put a whoopin on the doves. i got 2 with one (lucky) shot. its finally here, boys, killin time!! O0

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: smoked dove
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 03:15:13 PM »
Kcis A__!!! Little brother,Step dad and step bro`s went out sat and did the deed as well.There were so many fried doves left over yesterday it was a crime  ;D ;D ;D

I had my fair share though O0

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 06:06:23 PM »
Good job. O0 O0

We had a good opener too.

Can't tell how many total but most had a chance for their limit.(12)

The kids who were there had a ball and the weather for ONCE cooperated. It stayed breazy and relatively cool (low 80's) all day.

It was a good way to start the fall.

To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline izatt82

• Applied for my club membership...
  • might be going to iran if it breaks out
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:37:26 AM »
yeah the first day out i got 10 they just didn't really work like i thought they would. but it's been hot so who knows maybe once it cools off just a bit. yesterday i only got one and that was a tough shot to get that. better luck next time.
SEMPER FI
shooting fishing hunting and riding motorcycles  what else is there?

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 04:09:51 PM »
I do not belong to any dove clubs and don't have any feilds........ >:( >:( >:(. They say the public lands are like military grounds, so I stand clear of them. Sounds like you guys are having fun with the sky-roaches, though.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:53:49 PM »
You done good, travo!  O0 the shooters across the river ( in west central Illinois) say their shooting really died down until yesterday evening. All of a sudden, doves everywhere and they really piled in. Big migration? We can't even get a dove season here in Iowa, even though they are allowed to kill them in all of our bordering states. :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:54:11 PM »
You done good, travo!  O0 the shooters across the river ( in west central Illinois) say their shooting really died down until yesterday evening. All of a sudden, doves everywhere and they really piled in. Big migration? We can't even get a dove season here in Iowa, even though they are allowed to kill them in all of our bordering states. :tickedoff

Indiana doesn`t seem to have one either.I think I may just end up with a shotgun and start bird hunting real soon ;D ;D

Offline izatt82

• Applied for my club membership...
  • might be going to iran if it breaks out
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 12:31:09 AM »
yeah i plan on going tomorow here in central illinois see what happens
SEMPER FI
shooting fishing hunting and riding motorcycles  what else is there?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 11:25:56 AM »
yeah i plan on going tomorow here in central illinois see what happens
Lucky dawg.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments