November 19, 2017, 07:11:06 PM

Author Topic: Coyote  (Read 3045 times)

BBF

Coyote
« on: September 07, 2007, 05:53:35 PM »
Does anybody hunt  coyotes with a 30-06?

I don't mean that you use your deer load and pop off a coyote that comes by chance in your sight.  I am looking for somebody  that actually loads his ammo just for varmints and goes to hunt them after deer etc season is closed..

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Coyote
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 11:13:14 PM »
NOT COYOTES BUT I LOAD 30 06 FOR GROUND HOGS. 110 GRAIN SOFT POINTS WILL DO A NUMBER ON THEM. sOMETIMES I USE 125 GRAIN NOSLERS THEY WORK REAL WELL BUT ARE A LITTLE PRICEY
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 10:10:24 AM »
'06 works good! I've shot them with an '06, along with feral dogs, foxes, cats, groundhogs, and lots of other varmints.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rugerman

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 09:16:19 PM »
i use a 204 ruger , seems to work well and the yotes dont argue when a 40 gr. vmax hits home! the season opened the first here in ny and managed to convert a non hunter tonight . he has a problem with yotes on his land and asked for some first hand advise. we set up the call and decoy the first one in was about 40 yards away and he kept wispering "shoot " so i settled the crosshairs lowered the rifle and told him to tie up his husky before it dont come home !not only did i get some prime yote land got a little respect for all hunters!!!! it was a good night! ;D
SHOOT WHEN YOU CAN ,TRACK WHEN YOU MUST , THEN FRY SOME GAME !!
guns only have two enemies  RUST AND POLITICIANS

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 10:10:23 PM »
.243 for me.  Open season all year long here in Iowa.
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 11:00:05 PM »
11 days from now I will be taking the HMR out for some wiley coyotes  O0

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 10:22:46 AM »
In Georgia, you can shoot them with anything at any time. But I'd probably go with my .270 to ensure a kill. :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 10:11:19 AM »
In Georgia, you can shoot them with anything at any time. But I'd probably go with my .270 to ensure a kill. :twisted:
Would work good! I just nail the occasional yote that happens along or I run into while squirrel hunting. And cats, the other white meat.  :twisted:  :knuppel2  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 11:19:53 AM »
I just started to hunt them 2 years ago.......what a blast......until you call one in with a mouth call.....you probably wouldn't understand the rush.....I use an 30-06 here in Wisconsin.....and my brother found some varmit loads for the 06 at some little sport shop......but until then we just used the 165 grain that we use for deer......if it's not deer season...we are not allowed to shoot them with a shotgun slug....don't really know why........but I don't shoot them for the hides anyways.......so I don't care how big of a hole I leave behind
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 09:20:48 AM »
The last coyote I killed I called him with a mouth squeek.

Facebook Comments