November 22, 2017, 05:25:26 PM

Author Topic: Coyote  (Read 3049 times)

Offline drew

Re: Coyote
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 09:28:22 PM »
man i totaly agree with yea it's a rush a good buddy of mine uses a sqeeky toy out of a teddy bear and he got a few from using it he got both of them full body mounted. good stuff
there's nothin better then waking up at 4:30 in the mornin to get ready to go in the great out doors...

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 09:09:08 PM »
Does anybody hunt  coyotes with a 30-06?

I don't mean that you use your deer load and pop off a coyote that comes by chance in your sight.  I am looking for somebody  that actually loads his ammo just for varmints and goes to hunt them after deer etc season is closed..

I use my deer load 180 grain and it works great little damage to the hide unless it hits lots of bone before exiting
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 09:09:27 PM »
Until I get a .17hmr I'm stuck with BBB or buck shot from the 12 ga. I've been scouting a couple places all this week for like 1 hour periods(been busy in the evenings). I am finding TONS of predator scat, but no identifyable prints. Is there a way to tell whether this is from a fox or yote? We can't shoot fox here and I don't want to sit for 3 hours calling just to get a dang fox come with 15 yards and me not be allowed to blast him.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 09:22:56 AM »
Until I get a .17hmr I'm stuck with BBB or buck shot from the 12 ga. I've been scouting a couple places all this week for like 1 hour periods(been busy in the evenings). I am finding TONS of predator scat, but no identifyable prints. Is there a way to tell whether this is from a fox or yote? We can't shoot fox here and I don't want to sit for 3 hours calling just to get a dang fox come with 15 yards and me not be allowed to blast him.
If you have foxes you have coyotes. You won't know what's going to respond to the call until you see what shows up.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments