October 15, 2018, 07:00:52 PM

Author Topic: Still the bear curse  (Read 297 times)

Offline D45/70

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Still the bear curse
« on: May 29, 2018, 03:26:20 PM »
45 years plus hunting them, and never got a bear.
Everything from Weather to equipment to just bad luck.

The boy has several and his wife has two, d4570 "0"!

Well;

It continues. SO much snow this year I have been unable to get up to where the bears normally hang out. Now I think I can but the season has two days left and I work the next two days, see bear curse.

Last Friday I was in bear country, mostly Grizzle bear, but some blackies, calling coyotes. ( up where IBD and Bear and I called when they where here )

In the back of my mind I had an idea that maybe a 10% chance a bear of some kind may come to see what was making all the racket.

I put  4 deer rounds for the 6mm in my pocket  80 gr Barnes, more for ballast then use. I called a ton of sets and only got lookers on the coyotes in this area.

One set that looked out standing for coyotes,I set up wind in my face ,on a hill side. Started to call, Rabbit, fox, and coyote noises. Nutten dang it.

I got up to retrieve the call and fox decoy , and looked behind me.

Crap a huge black bear just standing out in the open side ways looking at me. Great right ?

NOPE!

Between me and him was only 120/150 yards, AND a 50 foot wide raging irrigation cannel and he was about 50 yards on to private property.

Lets say it together " BEAR CURSE ".

I WILL KILL A BEAR , one day I hope.

I did get dogs later.
DO to the increasing cost of energy, Gas,and Electricity. The Down turn in the economy.
The light at the END of the TUNNEL is Now TURNED OFF!!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Still the bear curse
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:57:31 AM »
Dang it, D! Yeah on a bear curse!  :sad: What next?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments