December 14, 2017, 12:05:11 PM

Author Topic: Who will be the first to draw blood this archery season?  (Read 6126 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: Who will be the first to draw blood this archery season?
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 09:44:18 PM »
Hey, ya'll are gunna have to take my word on this one, but I got my first mamalian bow-kill this weekend! 80 lb sow! It was a fair shot, right in the lungs, but she ran off into a shallow cypress forest.... I couldn't for the love of anything get more than a few feet into that quagmire, but we heard him squeeling and grunting up a death storm. He's lying dead in there somewhere. It was great fun! Sorry no pics, though.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2007, 10:13:35 AM »
Well, I will remember your offer next time I encounter this problem, Mr. "I got a dang pair of rain-boots".  The only reason that habitat still exists for the pigs to live in is because not even a backhoe can get through it to develope it...but the rainboots would conquere the swamp for sure! :D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »
Those ain't "rain" boots.  Them are gum-boots! O0  And it could be that Tech was posting them to say that he had to put his boots on because the crap was starting to get deep in here. ;D

Also, which was it a sow or a him?  First you said a sow, and then you said that you heard him squeeling.

Hey, ya'll are gunna have to take my word on this one, but I got my first mamalian bow-kill this weekend! 80 lb sow! It was a fair shot, right in the lungs, but she ran off into a shallow cypress forest.... I couldn't for the love of anything get more than a few feet into that quagmire, but we heard him squeeling and grunting up a death storm. He's lying dead in there somewhere. It was great fun! Sorry no pics, though.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2007, 06:39:09 PM »
It was a sow, I call everything "him"-sorry for the confusion. Boats, guns, critters, dessert, it doesn't matter its gunna get called "him" my me one time or another.

"Hey, can we eat him yet?"
"Him??????- I baked a dang pie!"
That conversation has come up a few times in my life.

Facebook Comments