November 21, 2017, 08:55:25 PM

Author Topic: First time hog hunting  (Read 3134 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: First time hog hunting
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2007, 10:06:34 AM »
Well I got conformation today that after Oct 2nd I know a couple of guys with a few dogs that would sure like to help you out in that quest for some piggies!  O0 O0

O0  O0  O0  O0 Can't hardly wait! Those smarty britches hogs are gonna get their day of reckoning!  :twisted: I can just hear those dastardly hogs now. "Hey, Porky, you hear something coming closer and closer in the woods, too? It sounds like dogs. Probably just some more hikers, huh"?  :knuppel2  :buck2 Yep, they are in for a real surprise!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 05:04:55 PM »
All  kidding aside, always have a good climbing tree close, if you can. And, pack plenty of firepower. Hogs love hunters, their favorite chew toys. Good luck with the hogs, ok!  O0

Yall sound like hogs are predators like lions or sumthing! They'll only charge as a LAST resort when wounded. I've only killed 1 hog from a tree stand, but killed plenty stalking the with my bow. A side arm wouldn't hurt, though, you know, just in case.  O0

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »
oh yeah, be as scent free as possible. Don't hunt over wallows, you'll be wasting your time. Hunt trails and food soucres if you can and hunt water holes ih the heat.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 04:31:39 PM »
I want a rifle like BC's .444, something that big that will knock a barn over.  :twisted:  O0 You pop a hog with a bullet, it had better kill the ripper!  :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments