November 23, 2017, 08:45:03 PM

Author Topic: Hunt / Fish  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Hunt / Fish
« on: September 23, 2003, 12:35:20 PM »
With most people, hunting and fishing just kinda go hand n' hand.  If you're not doing one, you're doing the other.  But, what about during hunting season?  My dad loves to fish anytime of year and will sometimes pass on a hunting trip to go fishing.  I've told him that this is blasphemy and he'll be struck by lightning for it....hehe  :D  

What do ya'll think?   :?:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Hunt / Fish
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 09:25:35 PM »
I know it sounds weird, but I don't have the patience to fish.  I can sit for hours waiting for a deer to come by, or work a turkey for an hour or two, but I just can't stand to sit and fish.  That is unless there's good company and some 'adult' beverages involved!!!!!!! 8)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline RealtreesWWH

Hunt / Fish
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 08:54:12 PM »
I love fishing as much as hunting.I can sit all day and not even catch one and still have fun.I'm not into big bass boats or stuff like that.Just my little ultra light and a creek or pond is great.Might get hit by lighting,but I've been know to sneak off with my pole during hunting season. :roll:  :wink:
Alabama's TREASURE Forest Program...Setting America's Standards.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Hunt / Fish
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 08:57:26 PM »
My fishing rods and boat get rested when the cold weather gets here. Yep, it's still rifle time, though!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Hunt / Fish
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2003, 03:26:36 AM »
i gotta slip the crappie pole in the water from time to time. i mostly stay away from fishing when it's cold. :D
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
Hunt / Fish
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2003, 08:01:42 AM »
I really love to go fishing!  It's relaxing after a hard day.
Just don't make me eat the dang things! LOLOLOL

Jen :wink:

Offline ck

Hunt / Fish
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 08:06:24 AM »
Man, I can't wait till hard water.

april

Hunt / Fish
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 07:55:31 PM »
Well, now, if the weather's mildly warm during hunting season, and it looks like an all around good fishing day, I'll go fishing everytime.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Hunt / Fish
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 11:06:18 AM »
During early duck season, we take to poles along. We also take a fishing break while working on the blind before season. Hard water? All I ever got trying to ice fish was cold feet! I swore that the next time I was talked into going ice fishing, all I want is a hole drilled in the ice just big enough to get some dynamite through. I am just joking, of course, I am one of the rascals out there enforcing the game laws in my jurisdiction. :roll:  :-#
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments