November 24, 2017, 12:15:28 AM

Author Topic: Bow sight  (Read 1759 times)

Offline .17HMRHUNTER

Bow sight
« on: September 18, 2007, 05:51:10 AM »
Can yall help me pick out a bow sight for my Browing compound??? I cant really find one I really like. I dont want to spend too much 60 or 70 dollars mabye a little more. And I want more then one pin. Any help???

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Re: Bow sight
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:02:47 AM »
You'll get lots of opinions on sights.  Here's the one that I use and have been very happy with so far:

http://www.carolinaarcheryprod.com/sights.tp-deluxe.html

Carolina FoxFire TP DELUXE
 (Available in left or right hand models)
MSRP $72.00

Ultra Light.  Reliable.  Unerring Accuracy.  The Carolina Foxfire TP Deluxe comes factory equipped with the Foxfire Sight Light that dramatically illuminates the pins without producing unwanted glare.  The patent pending vertical adjustment mechanism, along with laser-etched match marks will provide fast, trouble free no-tool setup.  At the shot, the hunter will be amazed by the patent pending contrast ring which employs spectral distribution technology to help you automatically align the peep with the sight ring effortlessly!

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 08:17:45 AM »
Here is the sight I use, the Copper John Dead Nuts Five Pin.  It is a good strong, sturdy, sight, with very tough fiber optics.  They also make a 3 pin sight and you can also get their After Burner Light, for early morning, late evening shots.  The sight is also all metal construction, no plastic in the critical areas.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=59_280&products_id=348
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 04:27:07 PM »
I use the Tru-Glo 5 pin set with the UV light that lights up ya sights. Those come in handy in low light conditions and hunting hogs at night and early morning.

Offline IllinoisBoHunter

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • True Happiness is a Steamin Gutpile!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 02:18:23 PM »
Viper Sights all the way!!!!!Brightest sight ive ever owned O0

Offline bowhunter of fro ro

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
Here is the sight I use, the Copper John Dead Nuts Five Pin.  It is a good strong, sturdy, sight, with very tough fiber optics.  They also make a 3 pin sight and you can also get their After Burner Light, for early morning, late evening shots.  The sight is also all metal construction, no plastic in the critical areas.

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/product_info.php?cPath=59_280&products_id=348
Absolutely Copper John Dead Nuts is the way to go...I use the 5 pin too its a good sight O0
If it's brown, it is going down!

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 09:50:55 AM »
I realy want to look through a tru-glo razor sight some time. I realy dislike my verticle pins. It wouldn't be so bad if I could keep focused on the fibers at the end, but whenever I aim, they just won't glow. They look black like the rest of the pin and all you see is a black verticle line running across the sight. Then your job is to try and determine where the line terminates. It's rather anoying. So I would definately go for a VERY bright fiber-optic set-up. None of that stuff with just a coil or two around the pin. Mine is very solid (don't recall the brand). Its got a plastic guard, but the contacts are all steel. I dropped it 15 feet from a tree last weekend and came back in and practiced some more. I actualy shot more accurately after I dropped it, so those pins didn't budge.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2007, 06:44:53 PM »
optimizer it is a one pin sight but it has a knob that you adjust up to what ever yardage you want billet alum comes with a level.just sight the bow for 20 yards left or right.Then slide  it  up a little for 30 just keep moving the knob up a little very easy to adjust left or right micro adjustable.This is the easiest sight to shoot weird yardages 23 yards,37 yards ect. just slide it up a little off of 20 yards and your there.I have mine sighted in up to 100 yards. It is a very bright sight.All my friends shoot this sight very nice sight and you can get it with a neon blue light if you feel like it but not needed.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Facebook Comments