November 19, 2017, 03:19:49 AM

Author Topic: Girls gone wild  (Read 6926 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Girls gone wild
« on: September 20, 2007, 07:03:33 AM »

O0 O0

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Girls gone wild
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:33:15 AM »
How did they kill the hog? I didn't see anyone shoot it.  ???
Neck shots = no running.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 09:04:34 AM »
They stuck it with a knife. Looks like they had their hands full with that big hog!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 09:18:45 AM »
Looks like they had to use 3 different knives on it. ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Looks like they had to use 3 different knives on it. ;D
I saw that, too. Finally, they got a blade sharp enough or big enough to do the job. I think we would have been better prepared.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 10:12:29 AM »
I saw that, too. Finally, they got a blade sharp enough or big enough to do the job. I think we would have been better prepared.  :twisted:

Yeah, you notice that they finally had to get the big sharp knife from the MAN behind the camera! ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 10:46:27 AM »
Not to pontificate on this and not having seen the vid. but responding to the post, ie using three knives, the question came up:
Does a Hog not deserve as quick and ethical dispatch as any other game?  Just wondering ???

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 01:16:50 PM »
Not to pontificate on this and not having seen the vid. but responding to the post, ie using three knives, the question came up:
Does a Hog not deserve as quick and ethical dispatch as any other game?  Just wondering ???

Actually, BBF, I've found that using a knife to kill the hog is quite swift and humane. The knife is generally used to punture the heart or sever the jugular, causing a quick death. I wouldn't do it, but only because I prefer the idea of having a chunk of firepower in my arms instead of a pig-sticker when it comes to a critter as potentially dangerous as a hog. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 10:01:19 PM »
I've taken several with knives, and placement with a knife is no different than placement with a gun or bow.

Here's the problem for many first time pig stickers though.

It's easy to sit around and talk trash about how you're going to do this and that.....BUT....When the time comes to actually put a knife into living flesh, some folks realize it's not exactly clean and or neat.

I like my KA-BARs and they've served me well, but regardless of blade you have to get close and you have to get messy.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 12:27:56 AM »
Yeah, you notice that they finally had to get the big sharp knife from the MAN behind the camera! ;D

I think the operative word here is BIG !! The knife she started with looked like a 4 inch or so blade. The one that did the trick was closer to 10 inch. I doubt that 4 inch knife even made it all the way thru the sheild on that brute.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments