November 21, 2017, 08:49:56 PM

Author Topic: PowerBelt Platinums?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline HiVoltg30

PowerBelt Platinums?
« on: September 21, 2007, 11:18:51 PM »
Has anyone shot the PowerBelt Platinum Bullets?

Good, bad? Or even Ugly? (sorry, couldnít resist  :D )

Iím thinking of switching from my usual PowerBelt 348 Gr. Lead hollow points to the Platinum 338 Gr.

Any thoughts?

>>>>>>> 
"Never go out in the woods without a gun. You never know when you'll find something that's better off dead."

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: PowerBelt Platinums?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 11:44:06 PM »
I tried the Powerbelts for 1 season.  THEY SUCK!  :tickedoff   I couldn't get them to fly worth a crap, and they wouldn't even bust through neck bones. >:(  Since that time, I've switched to Barnes Expander bullet. O0  They fly good and knock the crap out of whatever I hit. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 10:45:03 AM »
several of my friends have tried them and they pretty much some up what BC said.the blood trail if any were lite to none.The shock wave or  knight both make a nice bullet with the areo tips that perform well.I wasn't gona get involved in this discussion but this is my two cents.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline truk

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2007, 02:16:09 AM »
i second that! O0
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Offline nhbearkiller

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 04:36:58 PM »
 ;D well my wife changed to a 338 gr and dropped her moose 10/23/07 8:15 am 30yard's one shot with a platinum  and  100 gr triple 7 did the job dressed out at 500 lbs took out both lung's and the heart on the way thru sooooooooooo they work ;D
a good bear is a dead bear

Facebook Comments