December 17, 2017, 08:37:20 AM

Author Topic: Need to gripe a little .  (Read 7199 times)

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
Need to gripe a little .
« on: September 22, 2007, 11:21:44 PM »

I look in on a couple of other forums , the more I do the more I appreciate being on this one !  O0 There are lots of things that push my buttons , but one of the worst is folks that claim to be hunters or at least say they support our right to hunt , but constantly want to chime in and tell Joe- Blow just how wrong his way of hunting is !!!!! 

Is it just me ? I may not hunt the same way as you , but as long as you're hunting legal , I haven't got a thing to say . That some people seem to think that it is their job to be the' ethics police' or for that matter my conscience , never ceases to amaze me .

I don't even post on a forum that I once enjoyed very much , for the simple fact that there are 4 or 5 very vocal people that are constantly jumping on someone for the way he or she may choose to hunt . The really funny thing is the most vocal ' ETHICS COP' doesn't even hunt  !!!!!!!!!!!!  If I had that kind of nerve , I'd hunt Cape-Buffalo with a Q-tip .

I recon I'm just old and not very intelligent , but it seems to me  , the fastest way to bring hunting to it's end ...................... is from within .

I'm through griping now   :tickedoff
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: Need to gripe a little .
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 11:36:26 PM »
You pretty much hit the nail on the head.  If it's legal, then who an I to tell someone that they should or shouldn't do something.  There's a site that I used to go to, but don't really any more, for basically the same reasons that you mentioned Rifle-man.

It's basically the same deal with the crossbow.  State Fish & Wildlife agencies are struggling with ways to increase the number of hunter, which in turn will do three things..... Increase their funding, get more people in the woods, and ultimately increase the deer harvest (from more people in the woods).  The crossbow is one way of doing this, but you've got a very vocal minority that always gripes about it because they don't want it in "their" season.

No one should give a crap one way or the other what someone hunts with, only that they are hunting, and can be counted in the ranks as a "hunter".  As long as it's legal, have at it. O0

I guess we truely are a bunch of misfits. ;D  The majority of the people on here have enough sense to realize what's important, and the implement that someone uses, or how they use it isn't it. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 11:50:53 PM »
I know exactly what you mean and I agree with you, rifle.  O0 I know very well what board you are talking about and have gone some heated rounds with probably the same "purist experts" that don't have a clue. Because your hunting varies from their set rules of engagement, they think you are a slob, ignorant, or both. >:(  :tickedoff 
The trouble making members of that board are a very small percentage of the total members, but they can sure make it miserable for the some. Like, would you shoot a bedded deer, duck on the water, quail or game bird on the ground, or shoot a coyote or groundhog with a rimfire, or take a 100 yard shot at a squirrel with a .17HMR? Those kind of subjects usually draws some real flamers (trolls) there no matter how your opinion varies from the trolls' views.  :tickedoff
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 12:00:15 AM »
John , ya do know............. cause I've seen ya go several rounds with em  ;D   You are also correct in the fact that 99.8 % of the folks there are reasonable folks  O0    There's one thread where the good-un's have gone to talk squirrel-huntin and I enjoy it very much  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0

If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 09:06:40 AM »
The really sad thing is you  can't escape "those people"! They exist on almost every type of forum out there whether it be guns, archery, or hunting. They are the self styled "experts" who feel that their opinion is the only one that counts and if you don't agree leave. Personnaly I don't agree with everybody's hunting philosophies, but if it's legal it's none of my business. The important thing is to not let them ruin your peace.  ^-^
Neck shots = no running.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 02:15:47 PM »
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed!!!!

I'm not a violent man by nature. OK maybe I am. I'd really like to take these gutless buttplugs and do a dance on their collective windpipes.

Many don't hunt as pointed out, and those that do are hunters in name only. They think they've got the answers, but in fact these walking abortions don't even know the question.

Here in Georgia there has been a 20% drop in hunters over the last 7 years. Cost and time are factors to be sure, but I've spoken with enough ex-hunters myself to know that these very smegma-brained wipers of child molesters bottoms are responsible as well.

I'd like to have a season on these selfabsorbed turds for brains, before they do anymore damage.

The crossbow issue was a big thing here a few years back. Just like BC said, it was pointed out how they would bring in more hunters, more money, greater recreational opportunties, etc.

Well the compound bow people (not all but like the aformentioned other forum, just enough to start a war) went apesh**. They yelled how it was unfair. It would kill TOO many deer. People WOULDN'T practice with their crossbows' and it would be the end of mankind as we know it, and the world would come to an end in a fiery ball of death, mayhem, destruction and the anti-Christ would reign over all God fearing people.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't happen.

More people DID come into the sport. More money WAS raised. More deer WERE NOT killed. The state herd was NOT decimated and the sun did rise the following morning.

Here's the kicker.

Georgia was the last state to legalize the compund bow in the US. We didn't do it until 1977. The SAME people who WANTED the compound bow legal were the SAME ones who were oppossed to making crossbows legal. In 1977 they argued the SAME facts that the crossbow people argued in 2002, but somehow THEIR facts were more accurate(in their peanut brained minds) than the crossbow peoples facts. I watched supposed mature and rational men behave like 6 year olds. People who were friends stopped speaking to each other and people actually got into fist fights and in some cases worse.

The thing now is "baiting" It's always been legal here to plant crops specific for deer hunting. But, you couldn't put out bait in feeders during the season. Feeders had to be removed something like 90 days before the season opened.

Well this fight is still ongoing. The last I checked, I THINK it's legal now to leave feeders out but you can't hunt within so many yards of them.

As most of y'all know I love using dogs to hunt deer with, but that's being threatened here too. The trophy hunters don't want it and they use the lie that it's cruel and unsporting. So far they're losing. But, as we know in the end it's more often than not those with the deepest pockets that win. And these guys have DEEP pockets.

rifle-man is right. We're our own worst enemies!!

BTW. I truly believe that many anti's are masquerading as these types as well.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 03:41:15 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 03:41:48 PM »
Well said, guys!  O0 Don't give no crap, don't take no crap. On that other board, I never really got bent until some troll started insulting someone.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 06:39:57 PM »
I remember a few guys on this very board who got quite elitest about plenty of hog dogging topics.

I think some people are just so u-set with how thier life is it KILLS them to see someone else happy and living life on their own terms.

I get ridiculed and shunned out of alot of stuff due to the fact I dance to a different drummer and like it.I remember when I moved to Alabama in the 9th grade.I had hunted a whole lot,owned coon dogs and the whole 9 for most of my youth.A few guys just couldn`t fathom a non good old boy doing the same things they do.Just because I didn`t wear this or talk like that or did this...There was no way I was a hunter or anything close.

I love the fact some people put parameters on what a hunter is supposed to look,act,think and talk like...because when I show up I know it burns their very A__ that I can run with the big dogs and don`t conform to their twisted image of a hunter.

I don`t say grace and I don`t say ma`am...if you ain`t into that I don`t give a D.........

Bohica is right when he said some anti`s are psoing as hunters in order to get intel or start some kind of crap.Believe me folks...those anti`s will do anything to manipulate the world into thinking like them.
PETE and HSUS have been using people to "break" into the supposed pitbull world for years.

Just think...their very morals stand on being liars,cheaters and no good fools.Yet hunters and pitbull people are evil :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

WAKE UP AMERICA!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:29:54 PM by Techno »

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 07:10:02 PM »
It's one thing to have honest discourse over topics.

But, when I see people asking a question such as, "would you shoot a bedded deer"", or a "duck sitting on the water", or a "dove sitting on a powerline"; the FIRST thing that pops into my head is; "this is an anti trying to stir up some sh**"

I'll be blunt guys. I think we have one or two HERE now.

To be blunter, I don't like playing footsie with these idiots. If they are anti's I get my Jollies burning them.

If they're wanta' be hunters who only know what they read in some book or online, (I KNOW WE HAVE THOSE HERE!)...................
I get my Jollies burning them too. ;D ;D :wink:

BTW. I don't shoot dove sitting on a powerline.......I'd miss anyway! :wink: :D ;D

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 07:52:49 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 07:42:36 PM »
I agree about the "members with hidden agendas"

Rmember that dinogos8mybaby  ;D ;D ;D ;D I sure wish I saved the PM I sent her ;D ;D ;D ;D

Facebook Comments