December 11, 2017, 10:23:51 AM

Author Topic: Need to gripe a little .  (Read 7185 times)

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: Need to gripe a little .
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 08:20:26 PM »
Agreed. Agreed. Agreed!!!!

I'm not a violent man by nature. OK maybe I am. I'd really like to take these gutless buttplugs and do a dance on their collective windpipes.

Many don't hunt as pointed out, and those that do are hunters in name only. They think they've got the answers, but in fact these walking abortions don't even know the question.

Here in Georgia there has been a 20% drop in hunters over the last 7 years. Cost and time are factors to be sure, but I've spoken with enough ex-hunters myself to know that these very smegma-brained wipers of child molesters bottoms are responsible as well.

I'd like to have a season on these selfabsorbed turds for brains, before they do anymore damage.

The crossbow issue was a big thing here a few years back. Just like BC said, it was pointed out how they would bring in more hunters, more money, greater recreational opportunties, etc.

Well the compound bow people (not all but like the aformentioned other forum, just enough to start a war) went apesh**. They yelled how it was unfair. It would kill TOO many deer. People WOULDN'T practice with their crossbows' and it would be the end of mankind as we know it, and the world would come to an end in a fiery ball of death, mayhem, destruction and the anti-Christ would reign over all God fearing people.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't happen.

More people DID come into the sport. More money WAS raised. More deer WERE NOT killed. The state herd was NOT decimated and the sun did rise the following morning.

Here's the kicker.

Georgia was the last state to legalize the compund bow in the US. We didn't do it until 1977. The SAME people who WANTED the compound bow legal were the SAME ones who were oppossed to making crossbows legal. In 1977 they argued the SAME facts that the crossbow people argued in 2002, but somehow THEIR facts were more accurate(in their peanut brained minds) than the crossbow peoples facts. I watched supposed mature and rational men behave like 6 year olds. People who were friends stopped speaking to each other and people actually got into fist fights and in some cases worse.

The thing now is "baiting" It's always been legal here to plant crops specific for deer hunting. But, you couldn't put out bait in feeders during the season. Feeders had to be removed something like 90 days before the season opened.

Well this fight is still ongoing. The last I checked, I THINK it's legal now to leave feeders out but you can't hunt within so many yards of them.

As most of y'all know I love using dogs to hunt deer with, but that's being threatened here too. The trophy hunters don't want it and they use the lie that it's cruel and unsporting. So far they're losing. But, as we know in the end it's more often than not those with the deepest pockets that win. And these guys have DEEP pockets.

rifle-man is right. We're our own worst enemies!!

BTW. I truly believe that many anti's are masquerading as these types as well.

;D ;D ;D O0 That was a pretty good rant. Hell it even made me feel better. It's unfortunate but true, here in NC hunting license sales are declining but no one wants to give up their piece of deer season to increase hunting opportunities and maybe revive the lag in license sales. The other issue not related to the original post but relevant is lack of land or access. The real estate boom of the 90's saw the demise of many farms as agriculture became less profitable. The farms became subdivisions. Less land means higher hunting lease costs.  :'(
Neck shots = no running.

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2007, 08:33:27 PM »
;D ;D ;D O0 That was a pretty good rant. Hell it even made me feel better. It's unfortunate but true, here in NC hunting license sales are declining but no one wants to give up their piece of deer season to increase hunting opportunities and maybe revive the lag in license sales. The other issue not related to the original post but relevant is lack of land or access. The real estate boom of the 90's saw the demise of many farms as agriculture became less profitable. The farms became subdivisions. Less land means higher hunting lease costs.  :'(

Where my dad lives is a neighborhood just as you speak of.10 years ago there were no sub-divisions the land was either farmed or horse land.It`s disconcerning to see how much land goes away and these neighborhoods pop-up.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2007, 09:02:19 PM »
The thought that some of the people that cause so much trouble are UNDER COVER has crossed my mind ! Not the case with the idiot I refered to , he's a gun lover and shooter . I do think he despises hunting and thinks the only use for a gun is to target shoot .

But my point is......... do people like this really think that once hunting is gone, they will still be able to own guns for their target shooting ?

I don't have the final answer but I do know that the more the shooting / hunting community fight amongst themselfs, the easier we make it for those who would stop hunting completly!!!!!!!!! 
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2007, 09:30:08 PM »
I agree rif. I get in that other forum and get a mad on myself, of course I cant walk away from it, so I sometimes put a foot in my mouth! I have nothing against anyone that hunts legal! Myself I hunt with a bow most of the time. And do some baiting for deer. Soon as you say anything you almost are on the defence about it! I am still trying to figure out how to do this site, but so far I like it. Cant see any bad here yet! Sense I was disabled last year, I have had to learn a new way of hunting. And learn this computer stuff also! I like a good debait on things, and seeing other peps opps. on some stuff. Thanks for not shauning me like they do in other forums, because I aint in that elete group of peps! O0

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
I'm like you Turkeynutz ............ I don't mind a debate and respect others opinions . As for this place.............. I think I've been here just over a year ( I'm sure it seems much longer to some  ;D ) and have not seen one bit of what I'm talking about .  O0 Sorry to hear about you being disabled , just glad to hear ya still gonna be able to get out and HUNT something  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

turkeynutz

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 09:59:57 PM »
My wife aint happy that I can still pull my bow back! ;D But I did have to give up my recurve and got me a compound. And aint pos to climb, but I got too many ladderstands out to give that up yet! O0 Good luck this season! Once it starts here, Ill be out there as much as I can! O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 06:59:04 AM »
I'm like you Turkeynutz ............ I don't mind a debate and respect others opinions . As for this place.............. I think I've been here just over a year ( I'm sure it seems much longer to some  ;D ) and have not seen one bit of what I'm talking about .  O0 Sorry to hear about you being disabled , just glad to hear ya still gonna be able to get out and HUNT something  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Yep, you've been here a little over a year Rifle-man.  You registered Aug. 21, 2006.  It seems longer though. :roll: ;D

As far as anyone criticizing the way that someone does something, on here those people meet with swift justice! :twisted:  We're all a band of misfits that have gotten tired of all of the in-fighting between groups.  If someone does try to start with that "eliteist" attitude, there's usually an overwhelming show of force from the TRUE members on here, and the "eliteist" runs and cowers back to their old forum. :twisted:  But then there's always the die-hards that won't give up in trying to start crap.  That's when the "BIG STICK" gets swung. :knuppel2  Opposing views are fine, as long as they can be debated on a rational and non-emotional basis.  I'm never one to turn down a good debate, and will readily express my opinion (more than some people would like).  But I don't get emotional about it any more.  People have different ways of doing things.  Just because it isn't like I would do it, it's not necessarily bad or wrong.  That's just their way of doing it.  Different strokes for different folks. O0

I love to hunt, plain and simple.  I want others to also experience the joy that I've found through hunting.  In order to do that, there still has to be the "ability" to hunt.  If that gets taken away, then how can they do that?  There's strength in numbers.  The more people that we have that are hunters, the better.  The tool that someone uses, and the course that they take from Point A to Point B isn't of any concern of mine.  As long as they are HUNTING! O0

A prime example of this is my little boy.  He's gotten addicted to shooting!!!!!!  Every afternoon this past week, and every day over the weekend, we've been out shooting.  Because of it, I wasn't able to get the yard mowed, the pool put up for the winter, or a board replaced on his swing set / jungle gym.  The way I look at it, that stuff can wait.  All those things will still be there and are low priority.  I've only got so much time to get the little boy interested in hunting and shooting before all his free time is consumed with T-Ball, soccer, video games, etc. 
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 08:46:23 AM »
One of the phrases that makes my skin crawl like no other is "That'd been a good one next year". A guy shoots a nice buck and posts a pic on the web wanting to show off his accomplishment that he's proud of, the the horn whores jump his butt about shooting a 2.5yr old buck. It's his hunt, it was good enough for him to want to shoot, so why not be proud for and with him instead of belittleing his trophy? Same thing goes for someone that shoots a jake turkey, if they're happy with it and proud enough to post a pic of it, what's the harm of patting him on the back instead of wanting him sacrificed to the boss tom gods? Just doesn't make since. I'm not a big fan of high fence hunting, but if someone wants to show off one they've killed in a pen, more power to them, if I see where it's an accomplishment, I'll congrat them on the kill, if not I'll click on through and keep my mouth shut. What good am I doing by bashing his kill or hunting style? It's his choice and he's done nothing illegal.

Funny thing is I don't even deer or turkey hunt.

Nick T

Offline Lady_taxidermist

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
    • http://www.brandonwildlifestudio.com
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2007, 09:33:47 AM »
Ya, i understand what ya'll are saying. Although i don't get to hunt nearly as much as i would like......i sometimes catch slack for taking the kids trapping. Since trapping is deemed "harmful and inhumane" to animals, to some people the thought of teaching it to your kids is horrid.

We chose to teach them trapping before taking them hunting. Why? Time limitations (easier to set traps then sit in stands), their attention span, less chance of wound-shots (considering their age)...all while they are learning gun safety/responsibility, wildlife management, and they can get paid for the skins-thus teaching them about 'work' ethics and money management.

Hee-hee...my soon-to-be-8 yo daughters christmas wish list: camo, kid 4 wheeler, and a .22

It is just bad that hunters/sportsmen have to justify their actions.....not only to the anti's but to their peers as well  :tickedoff
Politicians are like diapers. They should both be changed frequently and for the same reason.

Sometimes i aim to please, but mostly i just shoot to kill.

All of us were born crying. Some of us outgrow it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2007, 09:43:08 AM »
I see a lot of hunters with their game, big and small deer and turkeys, etc. being a fellow hunter, I can't understand why someone would downrate some proud hunter.
As part of my job, I am checking hunters in the field as well as at a checkpoint, as well as folks that are fishing. I get great pleasure in congratulating them for their harvest and consoling them when things go wrong for them. It has been the makings of a lot of fine friendships over the years.
I am fortunate to be working with other officers that feel the same way, too. In fact, we help the sportsmen as much as possible. A few years ago I put a fella onto a big buck that he bowhunted and harvested, the second largest buck killed in Iowa. We were both overjoyed! What's funny, it was his first year of hunting our installation. He drove 100 miles one way to hunt, and he's one heck of a nice fella. He hunted the big buck that others considered too hard to hunt because of the location, and outhunted many that had hunted there for years.

Another hurdle he overcame was that the hunters have to harvest a doe before they buck hunt. For folks that have to do that, it's quite a challenge and temptation when no does show and there is the buck of a lifetime standing under the stand.  :'( The hunter that arrowed the big buck listened to what I told him and followed up with nailing his doe right away, and then quickly nailed the buck. Somedays everything just goes right.

I used to watch that big buck just about every evening while he was hanging out close to the road in a cornfield next to a wooded ravine. What other hunters figured was there wasn't any favorable size trees for a stand where the buck was hanging out.  :idiot2
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments