December 15, 2017, 07:14:52 AM

Author Topic: Need to gripe a little .  (Read 7193 times)

turkeynutz

Re: Need to gripe a little .
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2007, 09:56:56 AM »
I use to trap and coon hunt when I was young! Not a thing wrong with it. And for the guys that wont shoot a buck unless its a big one, thats too picky for me. I shoot alot of doe's and if I want that buck no matter how many horns it is sporting I will take it! In my book any kill is a trophy if its legal!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2007, 01:27:27 PM »
Yep, you can't eat the antlers.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2007, 04:58:20 PM »
It's nice to hear that most folks feel the same way as I do about it . I ain't got nuttin against a feller wantin to kill a big -un , I think that's just natural. But when you put so much emphasis on the size and not the hunt , I think you loose something . As for what makes a trophy .......... I 've killed old fox squirrels that had beaten me time and again , but once I got em ......... yea they were trophies to me  O0 ( not in anyone else's eyes)

The first whitetail I ever killed was a little 3 point ,8 inch spike on one side and about 9 inches with a 2 inch 3 rd. point on the other , I took a few better later on but can't honestly say I ever killed a better trophy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've seen people before that had to "BEAT YOU DOWN " to make themselfs stand higher , I'm sure there will always be some of these people around .

I'm very thankful that I was taught to hunt and can still enjoy huntin , thankful ya'll can hunt or trap also  O0  O0  O0  O0  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline ladyrepublica

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Southern Maryland Anti-Poaching Patrol Officer
    • Very anti peta
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2007, 09:44:49 PM »
I agree with you rifle, and Lady T hit it on the head too.  We shouldn't have to validate ourselves at least to each other.  Running into an anti may be a different story depending on your patience, but man, why do we feel the need to turn on each other.  Who's doing this?
I am a question to the world, not an answer to be heard, or a moment that's held in your arms.

2007 Golden Intestine Award Winner:
Biggest Brawl

Bring it on!

Offline ladyrepublica

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Southern Maryland Anti-Poaching Patrol Officer
    • Very anti peta
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2007, 09:56:52 PM »
If I had that kind of nerve , I'd hunt Cape-Buffalo with a Q-tip .

Also, THIS made me lol for 5 minutes.  I dunno. Maybe it's something about picturing rifle-man running around poking water buffalo with a Q-tip.
I am a question to the world, not an answer to be heard, or a moment that's held in your arms.

2007 Golden Intestine Award Winner:
Biggest Brawl

Bring it on!

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2007, 11:15:02 PM »
Also, THIS made me lol for 5 minutes.  I dunno. Maybe it's something about picturing rifle-man running around poking water buffalo with a Q-tip.

That's how we found him.......on YouTube.... with nothing but a loin cloth and a Q-tip.  At least that's what BC said.   :roll:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 06:24:50 AM »
Who's doing this?

Lady-R , it's folks on other forums that I look in on , even in my own state wildlife forum . Bow-hunters get after someone using crossbows , blackpowder hunters tell the fellow hunting with 45-70 repro that he ain't playin fair , deer hunters ( still vrs dog hunters ) then ya got deer hunters vrs small game hunting ..................ect.....

That's how we found him.......on YouTube.... with nothing but a loin cloth and a Q-tip.  At least that's what BC said.   

and he swore he'd never tell  :'(  That particular video had nothing to do with HUNTING   ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 07:24:11 AM »

and he swore he'd never tell  :'(  That particular video had nothing to do with HUNTING   ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 11:19:40 AM »
What rifle said about personal trophies really hits home. I've killed some really smart individual critters that took sometimes several years to kill. I remember some old really smart squirrels in the same den trees, several old groundhogs that took a long time to get a shot at, and a couple of certainly not trophy deer that was a real challenge to nail.
I also put a lot of time into killing some very dangerous and smart feral dogs, over a dozen of them. Of all the critters, those dogs were about the toughest to hunt because of the miles they covered. And I had to keep my guard up at all times while in the thick stuff hunting them. One of my pals killed one of the two that attacked us without provocation. I killed the other one, both really big dogs. One thing about all the wild dogs I hunted, all were well fed and in great shape.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 12:07:01 PM »

Lady-R , it's folks on other forums that I look in on , even in my own state wildlife forum . Bow-hunters get after someone using crossbows , blackpowder hunters tell the fellow hunting with 45-70 repro that he ain't playin fair , deer hunters ( still vrs dog hunters ) then ya got deer hunters vrs small game hunting ..................ect.....

You don't have to look hard to find folks at each others throats about how the other guy should be doing things, legal or not. Crossbows and baiting have been hot issues here. Funny thing is, if you don't like crossbows, no one is putting a gun to your head to use one, same thing with baiting, if they were to legalize it doesn't mean ya have to do it. Comes down to "It's my way or the wrong way" mentality. It'd be like me talking down someone having a good day squirrel hunting with a shotgun. I chose not to use a shotgun, but it's perfectly legal and if someone wants to use a scattergun, by all means knock yourself out, and I hope they're successful and look forward to the pictures. It's their choice, why would I come out 'holier than thou' saying stuff like "Real sportsmen use rimfires for squirrels" or "Those kills would have really meant something if ya had been using a .22.". Even if I had a problem with someone using a shotgun, what would saying things like that accomplish? Ya don't see it near as much in the small game relm as ya do in the more popular sports, mainly because most of us in small game hunting is in it for just the enjoyment of being out there and hunting, there isn't any compitition with who's got the biggest horns or longest spurs that you have in the other animals that get hunted. Maybe if folks would get back to the roots of why they started hunting to begin with, then less of these battles would take place.

Nick T

Facebook Comments