October 16, 2017, 11:59:26 PM

Author Topic: Fletching Jig.  (Read 1083 times)

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
Fletching Jig.
« on: September 24, 2007, 05:33:46 PM »
I am going to invest in a fletching jig, but could somebody please tell me wheather I want left or right helical?

Offline jc

• Been seen in these woods a time or two..
Re: Fletching Jig.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »
it really just depands on what you like to shoot ..i shoot quik spin vanes so i use straight ..straight actually has a slight right helical twist very slight..so it really depends on what you like too shoot..now if you are just going to repair existing vanes ..you need to determine what your arrows already have..ok ..hope this helps ...jc O0 :roll:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 08:59:19 PM »
I want to think left helical is the most common.  Either way, it doesn't really matter, but you need to make sure that all of your arrows are fletched the same.

Straight fletching is generally for target arrows or if you're shooting expandables.  If you've got a fixed blade head, to counteract the head wanting to wind-plane, you need to put some spin on the arrow to keep it going straight, thus the twist to the fletching. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 12:22:11 PM »
That would make sense, BC. My question now is...should I invest in some expandibles, or stick with the fixed? I have been using fixed, but having not shot anyhting this year, I have not truely evaluated their effectiveness/made a preference choice on expandibles/fixed. What is your preference?

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 04:41:15 PM »
That would make sense, BC. My question now is...should I invest in some expandibles, or stick with the fixed? I have been using fixed, but having not shot anyhting this year, I have not truely evaluated their effectiveness/made a preference choice on expandibles/fixed. What is your preference?

I'm not going to tell you one way or the other which you should use.  That's up to you.  It's all personal preference.  They've both got their advantages and disadvantages.  All I'll say is do a little research on both and shoot both and see what you like best. O0  This late in the year though, I'd stick with what you know works.  Next spring/summer start tinkering then, when you've got time to get everything worked out. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments