November 23, 2017, 07:14:31 PM

Author Topic: Am I alone in this Duckin' world ?  (Read 3277 times)

Offline Brydawg

• Applied for my club membership...
  • If your Dawg's fat, YOU need more exercise !
Am I alone in this Duckin' world ?
« on: September 28, 2007, 12:39:22 AM »

Is everyone here a tree ratter ?  :twisted:
Duck Season opens here in Michigan on Sept. 29th. We have scads of Woodies, Teal, Mallards, Quite a few Black Ducks and Tons of Geese.
 I guess I'll be postin' up my Waterfowlin' pics for me to look at. :uglystupid2
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline izatt82

• might be going to iran if it breaks out
Re: Am I alone in this Duckin' world ?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 10:05:15 AM »
dang it man your already going to be shooting ducks ahhhhhhhhh well good shooting to ya we down here in IL have to wait until you guys shoot at them
SEMPER FI
shooting fishing hunting and riding motorcycles  what else is there?

Offline Tenderfoot

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 02:56:40 PM »
We in Florida just finished shooting the ducks! But main season re-opens in November, and I can guarantee I'll already have all the deer I could possibly use in my freezer by then. I was mainly a deer-man, but the quack-heads have so much more fun. Duck hunting is like 80% exhiliration, versus the 50% assosciated with deer. I now love duck hunting and can't wait to do it again....they say the ring-necks decoy beutifully! I am a quackin' convert!

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:39:57 AM »
Duck season just opened Saturday here in MN.  But it was 75 and muggy!  No ducks flying.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline izatt82

• might be going to iran if it breaks out
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 04:15:12 PM »
yeah i think ours is the 25st i think id have to look again
SEMPER FI
shooting fishing hunting and riding motorcycles  what else is there?

Offline mistrfish

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 06:52:58 AM »
YOU guys have it good , they have banned duck hunting here in Australia in a couple of the states and the others that still hold seasons have canceled the seasons this year for lack of water.  Im in the state of Victoria and there are ducks all over the place yet they still say there is not enough water for the ducks to reproduce.  IM down here working and have not been duck hunting since I left the states , be home next year , looking forward to knocking down a few.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
Hey, how is australia with the sportsman? I hear they got some buffalo and other exotics in the north half...some good fishing, too. Any of that true?

Offline Brydawg

• If your Dawg's fat, YOU need more exercise !
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 05:07:19 PM »
1st bird of the season:

2nd Woodie on opening day. 2 is our daily limit here in Mi.

Had this little 4 point buck watchin' me pick up my dekes for over 10 minutes. He probably won't make it too long :

The weather sucks,,, it's in the mid 70's and forcast says we're headed for mid to high 80's. Never shot my gun the 2nd day. ???
 Day 3 was a little better. Managed another 2 Drake Woodies and a real nice 4 curl Mallard :

Goin' out to give em' hell again right now. I hope I can remember the sunblock lotion. :roll:
"If you feel you're a person of great influence,,, try ordering someone else's Dawg around"

Offline mistrfish

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 04:49:47 AM »
Well , I know the fishing is really good all over Au, but as far as the hunting I really dont know that much about it.  They have to jump through hoops just to own a gun here and if you want to duck hunt you have to pass a written test and test for Iding ducks in the air, you only have 2 or 3 sec to id it.  They have a lot of protected ducks and geese and swans so they make you take that test to reconise what your shooting at.  Hey tenderfoot  what part of Michigan are you from, I was born and raised in Branch county left to go to College and didnt make it back , go back when Im in the country for the shotgun season in Nov, .  Good looking dog too, I had to leave my Lab with freinds while I came over here, didnt want to put him though 6 months of quaratine.

Offline mistrfish

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 04:55:26 AM »
Sorry , I read wrong ,  I see that Brydawg your from Mi not Tenderfoot. Sorry about that.

Facebook Comments