October 23, 2017, 03:05:35 PM

Author Topic: How to hunt/make active scrapes?  (Read 609 times)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
How to hunt/make active scrapes?
« on: September 23, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »
I wanna try to hunt over scrapes this year, but I don't have a clue. Can anyone shed some piss, ummm, light on this subject?

Offline IllinoisBoHunter

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • True Happiness is a Steamin Gutpile!!!!!!
Re: How to hunt/make active scrapes?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 03:05:13 PM »
Scent drippers are the key here buddy!!!!Wearing rubber gloves cut ya a branch,known as the overhagin brach, and TIE about eye-level too where it will be on the buck, using a rake, tear the ground up about the size of 3ft by 3ft. And hang the scent dripper too where the bucks can not get it down......It will usually take about 5-7 days before they will start hittin it but when they find it theyll hit it 2-3 times aday trying too figure out what buck has came into the area...Make sure your stand is downwind and hold on fer the ride buddy......... :twisted:

Offline Meat Hunter #737

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:26:19 AM »
here in upstate NY, I have had some success with scent eliminator on the boots as I start walking in....then find a fresh scrape , and put dominant buck urine on the scrape and pour a little on the overhanging branch, so it falls near the scrape...I do this for a day or two after first finding a scrape and on the 3rd morning I get in there before daylight, and sit...I have been confronted with a pissed off buck before daylight once...armed with only a bow...and could not see anything to see a shot (mind you I was on the ground) but now I use a climber, and thats my plan for this year...whether its one day or two...play with a frustrated buck before the does get hot....and sit...something will happen if you play with a fresh scrape....
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 10:51:53 PM »
find a scrape in a different area other than you plan to hunt where rubber gloves use a stick and scrape the dirt wet urine spot deer pellets ect. into a zipp lock bag.Then mix it into the fresh scrape on your hunting land rubber boots and gloves are a must for sent control.The scent drippers work well also  to condition the buck to make a day light appearance
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Facebook Comments