November 22, 2017, 07:49:34 AM

Author Topic: Hard tree dog  (Read 1935 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Hard tree dog
« on: September 28, 2007, 09:51:02 PM »
Here is a pic and a little story about the pic from Squirrel dog central

I got a call from my hound dog buddies last night, so we went to make a quick drop. Well we did just that. The dogs were treed in 5 minutes from the time we turned out. But then it took 3 and a half hours to get this crazy hound dog down out of this tree. This fool was about 40 feet high up in the tree at eye level with the coon. I zoomed my camera as far as it would zoom and this is the best picture I could get. I have seen some dogs climb in my life but never seen one go this high. Thank goodness it was leaning. She had to go 90 to 100 feet up the tree but where she stopped was up a ridge and she was about 40 feet off the ground. wacko.gif One more reminder of why I hunt cur dogs.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Hard tree dog
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 10:25:59 AM »
That's wild! You should have had plott along. He would have skinned up that tree like a squirrel and shook that coon out.  :twisted:  ;D
My cousin's big Redbone chase one into a barn full of hay. He wormed two stories down into the baled hay and we spent most of the night digging the dog out of the hay.

That same dog wormed himself into a blacktopped county road culvert and got stuck. My cousin had a county road crew jackhammer the road up, dig down to the culvert, and then open up the steel culvert and rescue the dog. THAT was COSTLY by the time the new culvert was installed and all was patched up.  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 11:37:27 AM »

That same dog wormed himself into a blacktopped county road culvert and got stuck. My cousin had a county road crew jackhammer the road up, dig down to the culvert, and then open up the steel culvert and rescue the dog. THAT was COSTLY by the time the new culvert was installed and all was patched up.  ;D

I like to hear that in a dog.I know quite a few people who would have left the dog saying it was stupid for always getting itself into stuff like that and that that kind of money can`t be spent on a dog.Yet those same guys are always wondering why they feed junk and don`t enjoy life  ;D

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 10:17:42 PM »
 O0  The only down side to a high climber ......... if they fall , ya proably gonna be headed to the vet ! " lil dog" has been bout 35 ft up before and I was drawed-up so tight............. ya couldn't have drove a needle with a 12 lb sledge  ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 05:45:35 AM »
............. ya couldn't have drove a needle with a 12 lb sledge  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2007, 03:20:30 PM »
O0  The only down side to a high climber ......... if they fall , ya proably gonna be headed to the vet ! " lil dog" has been bout 35 ft up before and I was drawed-up so tight............. ya couldn't have drove a needle with a 12 lb sledge  ;D

Ah, something that small shouldn't be any trouble to catch, even for an older feller such as yourself. O0  Now if it were something the size of a big old gnarly coon dog, that would be a different story! :buck2
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2007, 06:05:42 PM »
Just bring her down to Georgia. I can't find any good trees around here with branches lower than 15 ft.

I guess I'll have to buy a treestand, cause I can't climb to a good branch to sit. :sad:

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 06:16:26 PM »
Just bring her down to Georgia. I can't find any good trees around here with branches lower than 15 ft.

I guess I'll have to buy a treestand, cause I can't climb to a good branch to sit. :sad:

You hippies sure love those trees.I mean I heard about you guys tree hugging but now tree dogging  :twisted: :twisted:

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 06:17:39 PM »
Ah, something that small shouldn't be any trouble to catch, even for an older feller such as yourself. O0  Now if it were something the size of a big old gnarly coon dog, that would be a different story! :buck2

Oh I wasn't worried bout catchin  " lil dog " hurtin me , but that 360 lb black bear she had a hold of was sure gonna hurt  8)

I guess I'll have to buy a treestand, cause I can't climb to a good branch to sit.

Rock , don't ya know ya might get shot......squirrel-huntin out of a tree  ;D  Get ya good dawg and stay on the ground  O0  ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:59:43 AM »
Oh I wasn't worried bout catchin  " lil dog " hurtin me , but that 360 lb black bear she had a hold of was sure gonna hurt  8)

Rock , don't ya know ya might get shot......squirrel-huntin out of a tree  ;D  Get ya good dawg and stay on the ground  O0  ;D
  ;D  ;D  ;D She picked on a little bear that night, huh?  ;D  ;D  ;D Yeah, catching a bear would hurt!  :shock:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments