December 17, 2017, 12:50:34 PM

Author Topic: The DEER CONTEST  (Read 9695 times)

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Re: The DEER CONTEST
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 12:07:06 PM »
Did you tag it or check it in? ???

No, the police officer told me not to put it on my harvest record, but most of it is sitting in my freezer, and I've got the antlers ready to mount. I should have pics Monday.

P.S. Sorry it's been so long since my last post.
We canceled our internet, and I haven't been able to get to the library for quite a while.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 12:58:57 PM »
Well, I might as well make my team suck hind t*t! ;D  Opening morning of gun season I shot the one and only deer I saw, a little 4 pt. :-\  The next morning, I had a doe come down, but I couldn't get a shot at her lungs, and was afraid to take a neck shot with the .223, so I didn't shoot.  I won't be able to go any more for the year, so I'm done, not that it would make much difference anyway with the way the population is this year down there.  I'll post a picture of the poor little feller I got tonight when I get home. :'(

Updated

Team 1 - minus 80 pts
  - Big58cal
     - 1 4pt buck = -40 pts
     - Incorrect number of does called = -40 pts
  - Meat Hunter #737

Team 2 - plus 5 pts
  - BigStrutter
     - 1 adult doe = +10 pts
     - 1 adult doe = +10 pts
     - 1 9pt buck = -15 pts
  - goclimbarock007

Team 3 - 0 pts
  - rice river
  - turkeynutz

OK, what about the rest of you folks?  Anyone else that's in the contest gotten anything?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2007, 12:22:52 PM »
Here are the pics:

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2007, 05:29:42 PM »
I say count it partner.  :wink: A kill is a kill and you did call a six point.   :roll:

Nice deer though too bad it hurt the van.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2007, 09:27:17 PM »
Here's the poor little feller that unknowingly committed suicide. ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2007, 09:34:44 PM »
I say count it partner.  :wink: A kill is a kill and you did call a six point.   :roll:

Nice deer though too bad it hurt the van.

Ned

I know it sucks, but this is a "hunting" contest, not a "road kill" contest. ;D  If that were the case, if JA were in it, he could "shop" around for whatever he wanted and then hit the gas! ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:20 AM »
Big58Cal..... hey man, I found out this past Sunday that somebody shot the 6 pt I had been seeing  :'( and I had missed on a running doe opening morning  :-\ all I saw was tree bark flying....but the good news is I still have 3 weekends ahead for deer huntin' so hopefully I can pull our team out of the red... I'm always good for 1 or 2 deer a year...but if I get skunked this year, this is the last time I enter any deer contest.... :knuppel2
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2007, 11:40:42 AM »
I know how you feel meathunter, I usually get 5 or 6 a year, but this year I have only seen 2 killed 2. And I only have about 2 more days planned for deer hunting around Xmas. Hopefully my partner can sling some lead and get us to the top.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 10:31:08 AM »
I already posted these pics in another thread...but.... O0   8)   :D   :twisted:   :)
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:44:11 PM »
Big58Cal..... hey man, I found out this past Sunday that somebody shot the 6 pt I had been seeing  :'( and I had missed on a running doe opening morning  :-\ all I saw was tree bark flying....but the good news is I still have 3 weekends ahead for deer huntin' so hopefully I can pull our team out of the red... I'm always good for 1 or 2 deer a year...but if I get skunked this year, this is the last time I enter any deer contest.... :knuppel2

So what have you gotten so far this year?  Sorry for tanking our team! :'(  When I called my shots before the season, I didn't know that the hunting would suck so bad, or that I was going to have shoulder surgery.  Hopefully you can get us back up to ZERO! ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments