December 17, 2017, 10:21:37 PM

Author Topic: Always use caution during the rut...  (Read 1161 times)

Offline goclimbarock007

• Gut Pile Club Member
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Always use caution during the rut...
« on: October 07, 2007, 06:09:35 PM »
Here's why:

;D

Offline MARLIN

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Re: Always use caution during the rut...
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 07:58:58 PM »
I guess my question is who was the really stupid one, the one to put thatmuch scent cover on, or the person taking the video,anddid nothelp. Yes I know that video is old, buta question I have had since the first I have seen it.
The Defintion of P.E.T.A.=(People for Erotically Touching of Animals.)
Take a Youth Hunting

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning and Skinning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting41

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 08:27:37 PM »
I would be utterly ashamed of myself if I let a deer whoop me like that guy. :tickedoff  What ever happened to pulling a knife?  He may get his punches in, but I guarantee that I would be the one walking away from everything. :knuppel2 O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 01:31:07 PM »
I guess my question is who was the really stupid one, the one to put that much scent cover on, or the person taking the video,anddid not help. Yes I know that video is old, but a question I have had since the first I have seen it.
Both.
I would be utterly ashamed of myself if I let a deer whoop me like that guy. :tickedoff  What ever happened to pulling a knife?  He may get his punches in, but I guarantee that I would be the one walking away from everything. :knuppel2 O0
Exactly what I was thinking when I saw that.  :twisted: That deer would have gotten butchered on the hoof.  :twisted:
I have a good pal that killed a wounded buck that turned on him. He killed it with his trusy old USMC bayonet he always carried hunting after he got out on the Corp. They were both down on their knees, he trying to hold the buck off him while the buck was trying to gore him. Russ managed to draw his knife and stab the deer clean through the top of the skull and into its brain, killing it. Russ had several witnesses that saw the event. If you know Russ Brissey, you could understand Russ being able to do the deed.  O0  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2007, 09:51:03 PM »
Dang John I think Plott and I wouldn`t mind trying deer hunting with a knife...but could we use a few dogs though ;D ;D ;D

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 07:59:40 AM »
4 years ago a buddy of mine was gettin ready to gut a buck that wasnt quiet dead...it started kicking, and rolled onto its side to try and get up, my friend jabbed one into the lungs while pinning him down to cut his throat...a friend of ours was standing there with him, he wasnt sure what to do...he was ready to shoot if the deer did get up on his hoof....they laugh about that all the time....back to that video...it still cracks me up everytime I see it........ O0
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 09:32:11 AM »
I was at work a few years ago at night and had a doe trying to put the buzzsaw whack on me. It was in an inclosed long ramp about 3 1/2 feet wide and several hundred yards long. There were two exit doors about half way down the ramp. 
I ran into her about 3/4 of the way down the ramp and had a heck of a time backing away. Every time I started to back away, she rushed me and was kicking at me.
I radioed my Captain with my WT while I aimed my sidearm at the deer. At the end of the ramp was LOTS of high explosives, so shooting wasn't much of an option.
The Captain said to shoot if I had to, understanding my situation.
Finally, I managed to work my way out of the ramp side exit door behind me without shooting the stupid deer. I exited the door and left it open, backing away a few yards from the door. I figured then if the deer exited and wanted to continue, she was going to be very dead.
A few minutes later the doe calmly exited the door, looked at me while she stood there for a couple of minutes, and calmly walked away.
The deer in that area were fenced into a production area and had little fear of people.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 04:30:39 PM »
John, I always figured you as the type of guy that would never back down from a fight.  Guess I was wrong about you all of this time. :-\  I may have to take it out of my signature line now that you're my hero. :'(

I know you carry a knife (what self-respecting knife-maker wouldn't).  You should have used it and made her fear humans again. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 09:03:10 PM »
What a wuss.

Bet he's a democrat and likes Hillary too. :-P :shock:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 09:53:13 PM by bohica »
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 09:54:38 PM »
You can tell he's NOT a Gut Piler!!

But I can think of one or two other boards he might belong too. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments