October 19, 2017, 07:37:33 PM

Author Topic: British Official Ready to Banish Animal Activist  (Read 639 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
British Official Ready to Banish Animal Activist
« on: August 19, 2004, 12:57:29 PM »
An American animal rights leader was reported by a major British newspaper to have said that assassinating scientists is a legitimate approach to advance animal liberation and the animal rights movement.

Britain’s Home Secretary David Blunkett said that Jerry Vlasak, an advisor to the animal rights campaign group SPEAK, could be expelled from Britain after his contemptible comments.

“I don’t think you have to kill too many (researchers),” Vlasak said according to The Observer, a national Sunday newspaper.  “I think for five lives, 10 lives, 15 human lives, we could save a million, two million, 10 million non-human lives.”

Blunkett said that Vlasak could be treated in the same way as someone advocating murder on religious or race grounds.

“I am asking that we examine the authenticity of the claims in those quotes, the attitude of this individual and whether his presence would be non-conducive to the public good,” said Blunkett.  He told BBC1’s Breakfast with Frost program, “If we have to (kick him out) that is what we will do.”

When asked if he stood by reported comments that killing scientists would save animals, Vlasak responded: “All I am saying is that in a historical context, violence has been used against us, it has been used against animals. It is no different to ... the animal rights people using violence on the other side."

Vlasak is preparing to visit Britain in September, but the Home Office has advised him to seek entry clearance first.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments