November 23, 2017, 12:13:21 AM

Author Topic: 10/12 morning hunt.....  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Nick_T

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Can I shoot one time?
10/12 morning hunt.....
« on: October 12, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »
I'll give details in a little bit, gotta go start cleaning.

Nick T

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: 10/12 morning hunt.....
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 04:14:45 PM »
Dang, Gnick! That's quite a pile!  :shock:  O0 Nice going, fella!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 08:35:07 PM »
NIIIIIIICE!  O0 O0 Could you take more pictures with a better cam of the white ones from now on?They is some intersting looking things  O0

BTW your kicking my ice hole in this contest #$%* you  :tickedoff ;D ;D

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 09:05:36 PM »
Appreciate it! I'll see what I can do about getting some better pics of the fox squirrels for ya.

Took the kid to school this morning and went straight to the woods afterwards. Changed clothes at the woods, couldn't let the kid know I was going, kinda cool to get naked out there. Started my normal rounds on the property. Had one sighting in the orchard but couldn't get a shot. Started down the woods road and spotted a hickory tree limb shaking, waited about 10 minutes and the squirrel started down, never knew what hit him. Continued on, and the big fox squirrel jumped on the side of an oak about 20ft. away and stood there, planted her in short order. The road came out on the backside of the orchard, and I saw one easing back into the brush. I eased up and spotted it climbing a pine, took the shot, and it let out a little squeak, and squirrels started pouring out of a nest near the top. I think there was 6 total, I shot 5 of them, one got hung in the tree. I think that's the only time I would have like to have had an semi-auto. Collected them up, all juvenile fox squirrels. Continued down to another woods road, jumped one but it got away, and then I caught movement in a water oak limb. The squirrel spotted me about the time I saw her and she froze, down she came. I completed my circle and was coming back into the orchard I started in, spotted one on the ground but the angle was wrong for a shot with the landowner's house, would have loved to have taken it, about 75 yards, wonder if I could have connected. As I was working the angle so I could get a shot, 2 jumped out of pecan tree and was making it back into the woods. One stopped for just a second too long, down he came. As I'm working my way back to the truck I jump one without getting a shot and took a shot at one and missed, I've been having back troubles the past couple of days and I was just too sore to hold the gun steady. So, there's the down-low. Even if the shooting hadn't been so good, it would have been some well spent peaceful time in the woods, the meat was a big bonus.

Nick T

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 09:14:46 PM »
Dang.................... seems like Gnick is serious bout this squirrel huntin  ;D

O0  O0  O0  O0  O0

He's gonna make me ashamed to post my pics with 1 , or 2 squirrels , that's if I ever kill 2 on the same day  ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 09:34:43 PM »

that's if I ever kill 2 on the same season  ;D

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 09:39:04 PM »
He's gonna make me ashamed to post my pics with 1 , or 2 squirrels , that's if I ever kill 2 on the same day  ;D

Man, I've been posting singles and doubles for awhile now, and just as proud of those days as I am with the way things worked out this morning. I even cleaned the ones I've been saving in the freezer for pics on those slow mornings.  ;D

No gnad pics this morning, but one I killed had his gnads removed somehow, sack was open and empty. Wonder if Mrs. Squirrel caught him running around on her.

Still looking for things to get better, dang nuts are still on the trees, once they hit the ground it'll make shooting allot easier.

Nick T

BBF

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 11:47:18 PM »
  :twisted:           :twisted:

A squirrel lost his nuts ;D

How quaint :roll:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 06:09:39 PM »
I killed one this year that was missing his gnads, too. He was a fox squirrel headed for a nut tree and seemed like that was all he had on his mind, something to eat. Imagine that.  :roll: I have heard of adult buck squirrels castrating young male squirrels to prevent future competition with females.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 12:52:48 AM »
I've heard that certain guys can "shoot the balls off a tick". I'm beginning to think you two placed those shots that way. :twisted:
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Facebook Comments