November 17, 2017, 04:14:24 PM

Author Topic: 8 YARDS AWAY  (Read 2683 times)

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
8 YARDS AWAY
« on: October 15, 2007, 08:21:44 AM »
GRRRRRRRRRR..........I went out bowhunting last night and just took my seat to sit on the ground on the edge of a soybean field. I had a nice coyote come in behind me and he got within 8 stinking yards away from me and still no shot. As they usually do it came in through the thickest stuff right behind me. I would love to get one with my new Mathews, have got plenty with the gun........JUST want to GET R DONE with the Mathews........All in all........GREAT HUNT......it's pretty awesome getting that close to something that smart......just wanted to share the experience.
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline rice river

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Do I have a license to kill yet??
Re: 8 YARDS AWAY
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 06:06:38 PM »
We have alot of them up here but you don't really see them to often.  Timberwolves on the other hand we see almost every day. GGGRRRR!
Mike could of hit two with the truck last weekend.  Did want to ruin the
new truck. LOL  I was in the stand last wednesday when they started to howl and howl.  Next morning I went to the stand and about 150 yrds thru the woods the crows and eagles were fighting.  The wolves must have taken down something.  :tickedoff :tickedoff
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:40:10 PM »
Same type of thing happened to me on Thurs. A fox comes running in looking for a rabbit when I started blowing on my distressed fawn reed(they both sound amazingly similiar). Too bad foxes aren't game in this state. I would have had that guy at 9 yards!

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 08:45:38 AM »
WOLVES..........GRRRRRRRRRRR.........I'm afraid that the DNR is protecting these wolves more than needed.....last year was the worse year ever for seeing deer on opening day........but everybody seen plenty of wolves........I'm not a big fan of the coyote or WOLF....at least I can shoot the coyotes for right now......you watch.....pretty soon they will be crying for us hunters to thin down the wolves too

Offline rice river

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 10:15:55 AM »
We have soooo many wolves up here.  When you see them on a regular basis something is wrong.
People are hitting them on the road left and right.  They have no fear of humans.

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 11:01:10 AM »
what is the law by you guys on shooting them........can you get a permit or is there a season for them yet........we can't TOUCH them at all

Offline rice river

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 02:24:36 PM »
It's illegal to shoot them here.  I think the farmers can if they are in the field but other than that we can't touch them.  We have a pack of 5-6 around our place.  Then just a few miles away the guy has seen a pack of 13 in his field.  Lots of people have them on their trail cameras.  I watched a lone wolf stalk three young bucks in the middle of the day in a field.  It's crazy how many are up here.

Offline bowhunter of fro ro

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2007, 10:46:20 PM »
We have a few coyotes where i live, you can take them year round,they're considered a nuisance species.. plus a 50 dollar bounty if you turn it in ;D
If it's brown, it is going down!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 08:43:40 AM »
We have a few coyotes where i live, you can take them year round,they're considered a nuisance species.. plus a 50 dollar bounty if you turn it in ;D
That's a good deal, the bounty. Our cheapskate state of Iowa dropped the bounties years ago and put seasons on some varmints. Coyotes are open all year around, as well as wild hogs. You don't need a license to hunt hogs here, though. Mountain lions are not protected here, but I think wolves are.
I would think the SSS rule would apply to wolves where they are a problem.  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bowhunter of fro ro

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 11:42:07 PM »
That's a good deal, the bounty. Our cheapskate state of Iowa dropped the bounties years ago and put seasons on some varmints. Coyotes are open all year around, as well as wild hogs. You don't need a license to hunt hogs here, though. Mountain lions are not protected here, but I think wolves are.
I would think the SSS rule would apply to wolves where they are a problem.  :twisted:
I'm in the shenandoah valley in virginia they will probably drop the bounties but it takes so long to catch up with other states here ....most states now, you can hunt on sundays but not here in virginia  :sad: :sad:
If it's brown, it is going down!

Facebook Comments