November 21, 2017, 04:15:35 PM

Author Topic: Got a new bow.................  (Read 2367 times)

Offline RealtreesWWH

Got a new bow.................
« on: September 24, 2003, 09:15:36 PM »
I got my first bow 6 days ago.It's a one year old PSE Spyder and its never been hunting.It was used to shoot 3-D.I'm kinda small and I had to find the one that fit me.This one is set at 32 lbs and 24" draw.I love it.I've always loved to shoot a gun of any kind and I think I'm gonna get hooked on this bow.I'm trying to learn to do everything right so when I get to the woods I'll be ready.The mininum weight here is 35 #.I'm working on building up some muscles and getting to 40#.I've been told all kinds of "dos and donts".I can hit the bag at 10 yards on the bullseye.I have been hitting pretty much in the same spot.I started out about 10 feet from it,but I like shooting at 10 yards better.Ya folks feel free to give me some pointers.I like learning all I can about what I'm doing. :D
Alabama's TREASURE Forest Program...Setting America's Standards.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 09:26:00 PM »
A woman with a bow..... now THAT's cool.  I've got a feeling you're gonna be smoking some of these guys!  :wink:

Practice, practice, practice is the key.   With your dedication to hunting, I'm sure you're going to build up to the minimum weight in no time.  Hang in there...... remember... now you're hunting GUT PILE STYLE!   :twisted:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline RealtreesWWH

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 11:43:27 PM »
:P

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2003, 08:55:40 AM »
:twisted: Realtree`s WWH: I guess you need to find out just what your Draw-Length is,too long or too short,can cause problem`s in you accuracy.   Your Draw Weight should only effect you Sight-Pin`s,so start low,as you get better you can increase the weight,but you need to re-sight you Pin`s when you change your weight.
    As Gutpiles said,Practice is the Key,along with that,a good Ruetine alway`s help`s.  I shot with a Release,so everytime I draw back,I put my thumb behind my ear,so my hand is in the same place everytime,that way if my shot is off,I know to look elsewhere for the problem.

Hope this help`s a little,holler if you need anything !!!!!!!  :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline RealtreesWWH

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2003, 04:02:36 PM »
Thanks,cracker.We had the bow set up for me so my draw lenght is 24 inches.We set it at 30#.I'm ready to move it up a few pounds and keep practiceing.I'm shooting about 20 times twice a day after one week.I wonder if I'm getting too confident too fast.My husband says he's sure I could hit a deer and I am too.But I don't want to just hit one ,I wanna knock it down.i'm not going to the woods until I'm positive I can kill a deer.Our season starts Oct 15 and goes until Jan 31,I might be able to go before season ends. 8)

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2003, 08:01:18 PM »
:twisted: Sound`s like your off to a good start,you`ll know when your ready to make the Clean Kill.........Good Luck !!!!!!!! :twisted:

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 01:38:10 AM »
hey realtreewwh!  when at full draw, i try to get my peep sight and pin aligned immediately. then as soon as my point of impact is locked, i release. when target shooting, try not to stay at full draw any lomger than possible. it may wear you out! :D later on, practicing holding your bow at full draw will help you prepare for a successful hunt. good luck!! hope i may have helped!!
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 07:51:40 AM »
:twisted: When I practice,I shot 6 round`s of 6 arrow`s. I shot 2 round`s then take a break for a few min`s,then 2 more round`s,take a break,then 2 more round`s. I`ve tried 6 round`s straight,and after the fourth round,my shot`s would start moveing Right{I`m Left-Handed} witch told me that my arm`s were getting tired,if I took a break between every other round,my shot`s were more accurate.....something to think about.

Facebook Comments