November 24, 2017, 09:55:04 AM

Author Topic: Another Maple Tree?  (Read 5570 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: Another Maple Tree?
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2007, 10:58:48 PM »
Y'all ain't right. :knuppel2  Okay... Let's see here...

Nope, it is not road kill.  And, No, it's not someone elses deer.

Small?  Well maybe to some folks, but he weighed about 140 dressed and filled a Coleman cooler with meat.  (Inside spread was a bit over 14 inches.)

Would I have rather killed something with 200 inches of antler?  Sure, but this was the biggest buck I have seen in the patch of land I was hunting.  To me, it is a trophy, because it is the first deer I have ever killed.

I was getting ready to leave the woods, it was about 1:00 PM, and that buck just happend by, trailing two does.  I figured he was about 40 yards away, but it turned out to be about 33.  So, I shot a little high and into the spinal cord.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 11:24:26 PM »
Obviously your getting it`s head tacked on a wood plauqe and nailed to your living room wall right?

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 09:44:29 AM »
Heck yeah- He's a trophy. No doubt! All these other guys are just spoiled northerners watching 160 class deer like its their job. I'd hang my hat on that rack!

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2007, 08:23:23 PM »
Obviously your getting it`s head tacked on a wood plauqe and nailed to your living room wall right?

I am going to do a European Mount, which if my wife has her way, will be hung right beside my Boar Head Mount...

In the attic.  :'(
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

BBF

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2007, 11:59:27 PM »
Why are wives like that :'(

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2007, 08:57:42 AM »
I never noticed they were. Most of the women of the house around here are proud of the trophies their loved ones bring in. My conversation point when walkin into a house is always "That's a NICE fish/ buck/kudu"...then they usualy go off how their husband/ daughter shot "Eugenia" (they love to name them if they have to look it in the eye daily) with a .243 last thanksgiving while out in the public lands and drove it home, and the neighbors threw up while they were gutting it etc.

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2007, 10:10:52 AM »
Why are wives like that :'(

Hey watch it!  I live in a house with a mount of an 6x6 elk, 6x6 mule deer, and pong horn, and soon to be my 10 point whitetail.  Those are the large shoulder mounts.  Then there are about 8 mule/whitetail skull mounts. One 54" moose. A fisher, pheasant, 5 fish, and a spruce hen.  And that's just off the top of my head.  I'm sure theres more.  And that's just in the living room/dining room area. 
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline SCHINK

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2007, 03:51:39 PM »
Way to go BBF........You had to get Rice all fired up now.. ;D ;D
HAPPINESS IS A BLOODY TAILGATE

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2007, 11:40:16 PM »
  To me, it is a trophy, because it is the first deer I have ever killed.

Well hell son, why didn't you say so in the first place? Thats an automatic up-grade to "Exceptional Buck" O0
Just don't go setting your standards too high now that you got a nice one. Get out there and bring us another one.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

BBF

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 01:00:46 PM »
 :twisted:
Re Rice: Well she isn't what you might call the average type"Little Woman"  either. How many of those thropies you mentioned are
 y o u r s  ?? Considering you got a 30 foot ceiling as I recall you need all those thropies to cover the walls :)  While I am at this subject, I don't think any of the ladies that actually post here are of the average type in the first place.

he he heh, I know how to cover my six ;D

Facebook Comments