November 17, 2017, 05:51:30 PM

Author Topic: Another Maple Tree?  (Read 5527 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Another Maple Tree?
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 11:44:51 PM »
I am going to do a European Mount, which if my wife has her way, will be hung right beside my Boar Head Mount...

In the attic.  :'(

Mad, I know we've kidded you before about the wife keeping your gonads in her purse and making you drive a minivan and all, but come on!  You're not helping to prove us wrong!  Grow a set and put the mount wherever you like! O0 ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2007, 09:21:10 AM »
Heck yeah- He's a trophy. No doubt! All these other guys are just spoiled northerners watching 160 class deer like its their job. I'd hang my hat on that rack!
Funny, but that really IS my job.  ;D
When I see a 180 or better, I put hunters onto them. Some nights we see several hundred deer while on patrol.
It's deer grill time here. Not venison on the barbie, but deer on the patrol truck grill.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 04:37:51 PM »
:twisted:
Re Rice: Well she isn't what you might call the average type"Little Woman"  either. How many of those thropies you mentioned are
 y o u r s  ?? Considering you got a 30 foot ceiling as I recall you need all those thropies to cover the walls :)  While I am at this subject, I don't think any of the ladies that actually post here are of the average type in the first place.

he he heh, I know how to cover my six ;D

Well the 10 pt whitetail is mine.  The pheasant, spruce hen, and one of the fish are mine.  I get left home when the guys go out west.  :tickedoff :knuppel2
Someday when I'm big I'll get to go. 
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2007, 10:00:30 AM »
Well the 10 pt whitetail is mine.  The pheasant, spruce hen, and one of the fish are mine.  I get left home when the guys go out west.  :tickedoff :knuppel2
Someday when I'm big I'll get to go. 
Yeah, when you start to buy your hunting boots in the adult section of the stores.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2007, 02:25:34 PM »
Yeah, when you start to buy your hunting boots in the adult section of the stores.  :wink:  ;D  ;D  ;D

OUCH!  I felt that one JA!  Good One!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2007, 09:39:07 PM »
Funny, but that really IS my job.  ;D
When I see a 180 or better, I put hunters onto them. Some nights we see several hundred deer while on patrol.
It's deer grill time here. Not venison on the barbie, but deer on the patrol truck grill.

I ALMOST got a doe like that this afternoon. Dumb thing was just eating the clover on the wayside at like 1 o clock in the full light. He wised up when he saw that "H" on the front of my civic go from pea-sized to watermellon in a split second! ;D

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2007, 10:06:14 PM »
I ALMOST got a doe like that this afternoon. Dumb thing was just eating the clover on the wayside at like 1 o clock in the full light. He wised up when he saw that "H" on the front of my civic go from pea-sized to watermellon in a split second! ;D

The deer would crush that rice mobile.I would think twice about that one.

....American,deer stopping STEEL O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2007, 09:01:58 AM »
The deer would crush that rice mobile.I would think twice about that one.

....American,deer stopping STEEL O0
Wanna bet, rascal?  ;D Heck, our rice burners run OVER deer!  :roll: I would hate to see a deer tangled up in Big Red's grill, as well as my Big Red Tundra.
A fella at work had a big mud runner 4WD that actually ran clear over deer at work without any damage to his truck.  :) It was jacked up with huge monster tires. His license plates still read O2BMUDN. They should hire him and his truck to clear the roads of deer.  :twisted:

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2007, 09:36:45 AM »
My car is steel. I've seen what a deer can do to a small car before, so my plan was to snag in legs with the tires and then grab the bow as he limped off. Maybe I just need one of those cow-catchers on the front of my car. If I'm lucky I might be able to find one of those small enough that I can still see the road!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2007, 10:37:58 AM »
Big Red is going to be the Binelli of shotguns this season ;D

Facebook Comments